Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I got the email and switched a reservation I already had with Hertz...not only do I get the miles the total price was less.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM(BIS)
Has anyone worked out what the CDP and PC codes are for this offer yet?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by if1km
Has anyone worked out what the CDP and PC codes are for this offer yet?
They are in the email.

5K miles, 2 day offer
CDP 62455
PC 306644

7500 miles, 3 day offer
CDP 62455
PC 306832
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I see nothing on Hertz's car list that says "mid-size." Is that the same thing as an "intermediate"?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
DO you have to book on United.com or can you book elsewhere?

and anyone have the copy of T&C?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Originally Posted by entropy
While the link in the email takes you to United's car rental site, the only thing the email says is

Make sure to provide your MileagePlus number and the discount and promotion codes shown above to earn the bonus miles.
I've used the current promo codes for the 1K bonus that's been around the last few months on Hertz's site and the bonus was speedily awarded. So I am thinking this will be similar.

I was able to put in the CDP and PC on the regular Hertz site

Here you go:

Terms and conditions
Advance reservation required. To qualify for the 5,000 bonus miles offer: Rental must be for a mid-size or larger car for 2 or more days, for pickup at a participating Hertz corporate airport or off-airport location in the U.S. by September 30, 2015. Discount code (CDP) 62455, promotion code (PC) 306644 and MileagePlus number must be included during booking. To qualify for the 7,500 bonus mile offer: Rental must be for a full-size or larger car for 3 or more days, for pickup at a participating Hertz corporate airport or off-airport location in the U.S. by September 30, 2015. Discount code (CDP) 62455, promotion code (PC) 306832 and MileagePlus number must be included during booking. Hertz age, driver, credit and qualifying rate restrictions for the renting location apply. Taxes, tax reimbursement, governmental surcharges and optional services, such as refueling, are extra. Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer. This offer has no cash value and may not be used with tour rate rates, insurance/dealer replacement rates, pre-paid tour rates, or combined with any other offer, discount, coupon or promotion. The savings of up to 40% apply to time and mileage charges only; discount varies by rental date, location and vehicle type. Frequent Flyer Surcharge of $0.75 per day may apply. Miles will not be awarded on travel industry rates, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, any other promotional rates or group travel. If the number of award miles earned by a member for any Hertz rental exceeds 500 miles, the 500 base award miles will post to the member's account first, and any miles earned in excess of 500 miles will separately post within 5 business days.

Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus® program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.
My question is this: I have a two-day rental booked 9pm to 9pm, but I know I will be needing to bring the car back at more like 5pm. I wonder if it will still count for the 5K promo?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Anybody have the info for the smaller bonus offer? I have a one day rental tomorrow and if the smaller one covers it I might switch my rental off of my company contract with National...
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Cargojon
Anybody have the info for the smaller bonus offer? .....
The T&Cs are posted in the post just above yours (and now in the wiki).
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:36 pm

And there's a screenshot of the actual email here (less personal identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email)
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:47 am

Worth a shot.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
thanks!

Too bad its only US locations... Canadian would be nice
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by entropy

You don't have to book on united.com but after I signed in and selected pickup/drop off locations I was offered an addition 1,500 miles for booking on united.com.

"Save up to 40% and earn 1,250 MileagePlus® award miles when you rent a car with Hertz. Plus, earn an additional 1,500 bonus miles – every time you book a mid-size or larger vehicle on united.com through October 31, 2015. Mileage Plus members can also earn miles when renting a car with Dollar and Thrifty"

As long as you put your Hertz number in it shows up immediately on the Hertz site too.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
I received no email. If I did, I would definitely have looked at booking Hertz instead of Avis.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I see nothing on Hertz's car list that says "mid-size." Is that the same thing as an "intermediate"?
I DM'ed Hertz's Twitter rep and got this response:

Our vehicle class size "C" is called Midsize/Intermediate. So yes it would be the same thing
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:26 pm

Good news. I found out that you do not have to get the email to be able to get the offer. You just have to make sure to use the CDP and PC in your reservation.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
They are in the email.

5K miles, 2 day offer
CDP 62455
PC 306644

7500 miles, 3 day offer
CDP 62455
PC 306832

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.