Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
To reach the 1K line for free from most countries:
1. Use this page to find the local number: http://business.att.com/bt/dial_guide.jsp
2. Call the AT&T number of the country you're in.
3. Then dial the US United number you'd like to reach, as in the 1K line.

List of local numbers:
United WW phone numbers

Use Skype of GoogleTalk / Voice to call USA numbers
Print Wikipost

Contacting UA by phone outside USA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Question calling United when outside U.S.

When calling one of the local reservations numbers for United when in Latin America, does that connect you to the local United office or to United’s regular call centers?

I haven’t used an airline’s non-U.S. number in years, but things like SDC are often best accomplished by phone, and calling the main number from, e.g., Panama can be expensive. Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by joe_miami
When calling one of the local reservations numbers for United when in Latin America, does that connect you to the local United office or to United’s regular call centers?

I haven’t used an airline’s non-U.S. number in years, but things like SDC are often best accomplished by phone, and calling the main number from, e.g., Panama can be expensive. Thanks.
Do you have Skype? Calling toll free number is free.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Haven’t used Skype in a couple years, but that’s a good idea. Thanks.

Still curious about the question I posted, if anyone happens to know. Also wondering if there are any good non-phone options other than Twitter for people with status below 1k trying to, e.g., SDC. Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:47 am

UA International Contact numbers

When I look on united.com for telephone numbers on the UK page I see

Reservations
0845-607-6760 *Calls may incur an access charge from your phone company
0207-136-0582

United Polaris customers
0845-607-0777 *Calls may incur an access charge from your phone company

Hours
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., daily

MileagePlus Service Center
0207-365-1859

Hours
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

None of the other European countries have a 'Polaris' number. Even US and Canada don't seem to have a Polaris number which seems strange.

I would rather dial a US 'toll free' number than a UK premium rate number - it may be a long call! How can I do this?

I have no status but I have made a Polaris booking.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SandLake
When I look on united.com for telephone numbers on the UK page I see

Reservations
0845-607-6760 *Calls may incur an access charge from your phone company
0207-136-0582

United Polaris customers
0845-607-0777 *Calls may incur an access charge from your phone company

Hours
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., daily

MileagePlus Service Center
0207-365-1859

Hours
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

None of the other European countries have a 'Polaris' number. Even US and Canada don't seem to have a Polaris number which seems strange.

I would rather dial a US 'toll free' number than a UK premium rate number - it may be a long call! How can I do this?

I have no status but I have made a Polaris booking.
Do you have access to VOIP internet call App? It should be free with US toll free numbers. I used that App before MS Teams replaced it.
Good luck.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:29 am

Sorry, I just don't think that is right. Not sure if you mean an app called VOIP (can't see it on Google play store) or a VOIP app? The VOIP apps tend to hide charges but checking Skype it is 11.2p/min to call 0845

In the UK 0845 is known as lo-call, a low call (local) rate for a call to anywhere in the UK but that was before mobile phones. Now the mobile phone companies levy an access charge which for me is either 45 or 55p per minute. 0845 numbers have all but been eradicated.

I can however call US toll-free and regular geographic numbers for free - makes no sense but that is the world we now live in.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Sorry, I just don't think that is right. Not sure if you mean an app called VOIP (can't see it on Google play store) or a VOIP app? The VOIP apps tend to hide charges but checking Skype it is 11.2p/min to call 0845

In the UK 0845 is known as lo-call, a low call (local) rate for a call to anywhere in the UK but that was before mobile phones. Now the mobile phone companies levy an access charge which for me is either 45 or 55p per minute. 0845 numbers have all but been eradicated.

I can however call US toll-free and regular geographic numbers for free - makes no sense but that is the world we now live in.
Yes, SKYPE is free with US toll free numbers (of course, your phone is connected to internet). I used that App in China 2-3 years ago to call UA 1K lines many times.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:48 am

I have no status but I have made a Polaris booking - what US toll free number should I call?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I have no status but I have made a Polaris booking - what US toll free number should I call?
No Polaris phone number exists - the general number is 1-800-864-8331
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:29 am

Thank you

Does that mean that the UK number 0845-607-0777 for United Polaris customers is a bit of a con, even though it is a UK number it is answered in the US
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Thank you

Does that mean that the UK number 0845-607-0777 for United Polaris customers is a bit of a con, even though it is a UK number it is answered in the US
My guess is that it gets into a more priority que, similarly to premiere / upper level status members. No insight into where in the rank though.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
It is still an official number for UA Polaris per UA website.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:52 am

Point is the UK are the only people with a public Polaris number???
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:21 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
UA has multiple phone numbers, in general all the USA phone numbers feed into the same phone system. Either by matching the calling number to a MileagePlus account or by you entering a MP account when queries, the phone calls are prioritized based on status. Ticket type or price is not considered.

International numbers are set up to provide language-specific agents and in some cases local agents.

A Polaris line is not common and may be a local UK line or roll over to the USA --and it may provide some priority but there are no Polaris phone agents, so you will get the same agent, may a bit faster.

Call the USA 800 number or the regular direct dial number will make no difference in who you get. If there is a charge for the UK number, just use Skype / Google Talk / .... or one of the many internet calling apps (VOIP is the general name for those).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 15, 2021 at 1:26 pm Reason: VOIP not VIOP
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:46 am

Thank you!

In response to 'If there is a charge for the UK number, just use Skype' as I have said further up this thread, Skype surcharge it at 11.2p/min and I suspect most if not all VOIP do too. 11.2p/min is not entirely prohibitive but I would rather not make hour long calls at that rate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.