Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2015 for Elite Status in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2015 for Elite Status in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:14 am

PQD shortfall

It seems I am running short of PQD in 2015; aiming for Gold if not Platinum (75K miles) status.

So if I apply for a UA branded Chase CC now, will it help me to get the PQD requirement waived for 2015? If yes, and if I meet the flown mileage criterion, will I be able to retain my Premier status for calendar 2015.

Thanks for clarifying this
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:23 am

Only if you can spend $25K in the remainder of the calendar year on that card to qualify for the waiver.

There's a PQD FAQ at:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../PQD-FAQs.aspx
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by takeshi74
Only if you can spend $25K in the remainder of the calendar year on that card to qualify for the waiver....
Thanks ... now is there a resource somewhere on the least expensive way to manufacture spend on the UA card?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by carpediem22
Thanks ... now is there a resource somewhere on the least expensive way to manufacture spend on the UA card?
Flyertalk has a MS forum.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
PQM Shortfall for 1K

Already qualified for Gold looking for 1k.

PQD is already at 8600/9000 on completed travel.
PQM is 58,883/75000 on completed travel.
PQS is 53/90

Upcoming Travel
PQM - 13513
PQD - Nor important as I will definitely pass the threshold for Plat.
PQS - 19 segments

Which leaves me 2604PQM short or another 18 segments. Looks like I'm going to have to qualify via miles.

I'm thinking a transcon will give me the best bang for my buck (well united's - gotta love those travel vouchers!) to push me over the edge when I fly in December.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:37 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
If you were $3 under the PQD requirement...

Just finished all bookings for the year and yep...I'll be $3 under for 1K. UGH.

What is the cheapest way to get $3 PQD...maybe a few more to be safe? I am a current 1K. And no, I'm not risking a stingy UA.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by wunderpit
Just finished all bookings for the year and yep...I'll be $3 under for 1K. UGH.

What is the cheapest way to get $3 PQD...maybe a few more to be safe? I am a current 1K. And no, I'm not risking a stingy UA.
Change your flight(s) within the 24 hour window of booking to buy a slightly more expensive flight. Alternately, upfare to a new fare class or change your flight to more expensive routing (with change fees ofcourse)
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by wunderpit
What is the cheapest way to get $3 PQD...maybe a few more to be safe?
I would've suggested an E+ seat. However, since you are a current 1K, you would get it for free. Have you thought of a way of circumventing the system, like booking while not being logged in, selecting the seat, and then logging in/adding your MP number?

Otherwise, I don't think $3 are a problem, since when you are missing a couple miles for status they give it to you. But it's UA.

Maybe someone knows better than myself.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
check 4 bags

Hmm, nope that won't do it

Yeah, last minute change is prolly best option
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
I didn't think bag fees earned PQD
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott LT Titanium, '20 Ambassador
Did you do the math off your original receipt (e.g. 189.95) or the show PQD thing that shows their guess per segment (e.g $100 and $89)?

If you did it the first way, you'll likely get the extra $3 due to rounding up when they credit you for each segment.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JonasCLT
Did you do the math off your original receipt (e.g. 189.95) or the show PQD thing that shows their guess per segment (e.g $100 and $89)?

If you did it the first way, you'll likely get the extra $3 due to rounding up when they credit you for each segment.
This. If the bookings were within 24 hours, worth it to upfare.

If not, wait for the next few flights to see where the new PQD lies. I've found some PQDs totalling to well more than the original estimate.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:50 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by JonasCLT

I used the UA calculations on the receipts.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:53 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I <thought> I was going to be $2 short...I swear, my PQD calculations on my spreadsheet show $11,998...With all of my travel booked through December 31.

I was hoping for some rounding in my favor when some of the flight posted individually...And if nothing benefited me by mid-December, I'd have booked the cheapest 1-way I could find and immediately fly home on a 1-way award.

In other words, I was NOT expecting a gift from United.

However, I didn't add the 'international sucharge' (not tax) from an upcoming trip, and that's $90. So, I've got a cushion

Funny thing is, the vast, vast vast majority of my tickets this year are in paid F domestically (mostly P and A class) and paid business (all P)--with a few coach tix in there. And I'm still squeaking by--101,500 PQMs and $12,088 PQD...A lot of paid F and J for an average of $0.12/EQM...Pretty cheap, if you ask me...And by paying for premium cabins, UA is almost telling me that I'm not spending enough with them to make 1K. Crazy world we live in now!

Hard to say no to paid F for a $120/direction premium when CPUs are so rare on domestics, and I did get on the very brief UA business class sale when they attacked DL/AA hubs with a paid R/T in J DTW-PVG-HKG-DTW for $2200 a/i.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.