Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GUM-MNL-GUM same day 2hr turn around possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat

I booked a RT ticket YYZ-HNL-GUM-MNL to experience the UA154 island hopper. It was only $760 all in for next feb.

I plan to backtrack to SPN and/or ROR via GUM on a separate ticket for about $600, then use MNL as base for BWM or RGN. I know CI is much cheaper for MNL-ROR usually, but the return flight is blocked for Chinese new year...

I think the same aircraft flies GUM-MNL-GUM, landing at 6pm and out 9pm. Is it possible to turn around at MNL without going through immigration and getting BP in advance?

I have global entry and no checked luggage. (I wonder if GE kiosk will flag me)
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
You should have been able to route that YYZ-HNL-GUM-ROR-MNL via the hopper...
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
You should have been able to route that YYZ-HNL-GUM-ROR-MNL via the hopper...
THANK YOU!
Just realized the existence of UA 192/193.

My flight is still within the 24 hour cancellation period.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by ericw
THANK YOU!
Just realized the existence of UA 192/193.

My flight is still within the 24 hour cancellation period.
You're welcome

And for the record, I'd highly recommend a few days in ROR: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/69753
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

You're welcome

And for the record, I'd highly recommend a few days in ROR: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/69753
It seems I cannot make a stopover in ROR without bring the outbound fare to U/Y....The YYZ-MNL K fare does say 2 stopovers allowed, 1 for $100 in area 3, $150 for area 1.

Did you fly a flex or J fare?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ericw
It seems I cannot make a stopover in ROR without bring the outbound fare to U/Y....The YYZ-MNL K fare does say 2 stopovers allowed, 1 for $100 in area 3, $150 for area 1.

Did you fly a flex or J fare?
Never mind. Read your trip report Wow, quite an adventure!
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:01 pm

Can always do a hidden city YYZ-MNL via the hopper and just get off in ROR, though YEMV (Your ethics may vary)
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Can always do a hidden city YYZ-MNL via the hopper and just get off in ROR, though YEMV (Your ethics may vary)
I've no problem doing throwaway
It seems UA.com only shows GUM-ROR-MNL flight if try multi-city and book one way flight. GUM-MNL via ROR is showing up as one flight with 50 min stop in ROR. Will I get two separate boarding passes? Do you recall people deplane and re-board, or must stay on board?

I guess I could fly on miles...but one of the reason i am doing this is for a cheap mileage run for corp status match with UA. dilemma...
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:59 pm

You'll be able to deplane in ROR.

The issue you may have is if the hopper is delayed and they move you to the nonstop MNL flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.