Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Unknown UA flight & date-pax removed for not putting her dog in its carrier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unknown UA flight & date-pax removed for not putting her dog in its carrier

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mduell
From the square windows and huge row 1 legroom I'd say E70 or E75.
175 I think. Shuttle America doesn't have slim lines on their 170s.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I'm reading this while sitting in 3f on an LAX-EWR flight. There's a service dog in 4b, and the guy behind it is allergic. FA and GA are negotiating seat swaps.

The dog is docile. A poodle (which, btw, is non-allergen).
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zrs70
I'm reading this while sitting in 3f on an LAX-EWR flight. There's a service dog in 4b, and the guy behind it is allergic. FA and GA are negotiating seat swaps.

The dog is docile. A poodle (which, btw, is non-allergen).
Define "service dog". An actual trained, professional service dog, or just a pet the traveler says he/she "needs"?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by goalie
I flew with this couple late in 2014 JFK-LAX in PS Business. I was in 5B & they were across from me in 6E&F and the dog was incredibly well behaved. The dog sat on her lap the entire flight* (including takeoff and landing) and slept almost the entire flight with an occasional licking of some ice cubes. The gentleman read a book & slept and the woman did like her vodka

*I was curious about the dog not being in a carrier so I discretely asked the f/a as to why no carrier and he told me (with a wink) that it was a "therapy dog"

Edited to add a moderator note

If anyone is able to sleuth out the flight number and date, please let the moderators know so the thread title can be updated
Its surprisingly easy to get as well I got this done for my ex when she was moving back to the US just got a doctor friend of mine to fill out the form however my ex had the dog in a carrier.

My ex refused to put the dog under so getting this "emotional support" thing on United was the only option for the pup to ride in the cabin.

Oh there was also no charge to take the dog!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
That's the scam.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
TOPIC CHECK

Let's remember the subject of this thread-the removal of a pax from a flight for not following crew member instructions and placing her dog in its carrier. There are other threads for discussing traveling with service dogs

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goalie

If anyone is able to sleuth out the flight number and date, please let the moderators know so the thread title can be updated

My theory is that it was UA 6227 SLC-ORD on 8/14. I have seen elsewhere that this occurred yesterday afternoon in SLC - and this flight matches the criteria:

Aircraft: Embraer ERJ-175 aircraft #N110SY
3:24 p.m. - 3:57 p.m. SLC - SLC Status: Returned to Gate
5:06 p.m. - 9:37 p.m. SLC - ORD Status: Delayed due to flight preparation (Arrived Gate 2 Hours Late)

The upgrade list also matches the Youtube name for 1A, and it appears someone snagged 1C but 1D went out empty.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flightrisk
3:24 p.m. - 3:57 p.m. SLC - SLC Status: Returned to Gate
5:06 p.m. - 9:37 p.m. SLC - ORD Status: Delayed due to flight preparation (Arrived Gate 2 Hours Late)
lol

"Delayed due to flight preparation" . . . . Translation: Cops had to drag dog lady off the plane and down the jetway.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flightrisk
My theory is that it was UA 6227 SLC-ORD on 8/14. I have seen elsewhere that this occurred yesterday afternoon in SLC - and this flight matches the criteria:
Bravo! ^

No aviation insight is beyond the collective intelligence of the FT community, as this brilliant sleuthing reveals.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
How was this woman sitting in the bulkhead with a pet carrier on the floor in front of her anyway? That can't be allowed, can it?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chavala
How was this woman sitting in the bulkhead with a pet carrier on the floor in front of her anyway? That can't be allowed, can it?
That might have been what started the incident.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Can one gate check an animal on UX flights, in the same way that a green tag roll-aboard gets taken/delivered at the jetbridge?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Originally Posted by transportprof
Can one gate check an animal on UX flights, in the same way that a green tag roll-aboard gets taken/delivered at the jetbridge?
I would think a seat swap would be the solution here. FAs can make pax move.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I would think a seat swap would be the solution here. FAs can make pax move.
Maybe, but once the canine attempts to bite a human, I wonder if its time in the pax cabin has come to an end?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by transportprof
Maybe, but once the canine attempts to bite a human, I wonder if its time in the pax cabin has come to an end?
Affirmative.

Although the owner may have been more vicious than the dog

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.