FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Starting 18 Aug 2016:United Club Access (including members) Only w/ UA/*A Same-Day BP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1702726-starting-18-aug-2016-united-club-access-including-members-only-w-ua-same-day-bp.html)

WineCountryUA May 7, 2018 10:13 am

FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides

Email from United sent to United MP Club Cardmembers 18 Aug 2015

Update about United Club access

Dear XXXXX,

We've been working on a variety of improvements to our United ClubSM program. To provide a more productive and relaxing experience, we're investing more than $100 million in renovating existing locations and building new spaces with expanded seating areas, more power outlets and upgraded Wi-Fi. We're also investing in a brand new complimentary food menu that you can now find at our hub locations across the U.S. and will be available soon at the rest of our locations.

To maintain and further improve the United Club experience, we're announcing the following change to our program:

■ Effective August 18, 2016, a same-day boarding pass for all United Club customers, including members, will be required for United Club access.

United Club membership is a benefit of your United MileagePlus® Club Card. With a United Club membership, you can still bring your spouse and children under 21, or up to two guests, into any United Club location.

Thank you for being a United MileagePlus® Club Cardmember, and we look forward to creating an even more comfortable and premium United Club experience for you.
Learn More
Signs were first noticed starting 13 Aug 2015 at various clubs

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 25272086)
I noticed this at JFK (that's ironic...) yesterday--
Someone else noted the sign at LGA in the United Club Access Thread ....

Posting by UA Insider 17 Aug 2015

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 25284724)
Hi everyone, some answers for you on this new policy:
  1. What about meetings/conference rooms? Will gate passes still be issued?
    Customers can still reserve a conference room to use, with or without a same-day boarding pass. We will no longer issue gate passes for other uses.

2. What about access after a redeye flight? Will this qualify as a "same-day" BP?
    Yes, you will still be eligible to access the United Club after arriving off of a redeye flight.

3. Will I be able to come in if I’m flying on another carrier?
    Yes, you may use a same-day boarding pass on any carrier.

4. What if my flight departs early in the morning, the following day (e.g. 12:30am)?
    Yes, you will still be eligible to access the United Club.
-UA Insider

For general questions on UC access, see Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread