Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA widebodies on domestic routes {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA widebodies on domestic routes
Print Wikipost

UA widebodies on domestic routes {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milepig
This is not true in my case. I purchased a ticket in P class and it is showing as United First and I cannot select a seat in the F cabin.
Is this flight in conjunction with another?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Most of those flights are the regular ORD-EWR 777 International, which is unchanged but a big change in the ORD-SFO, and EWR-LAX, EWR-SFO and Den-LAX whichc have all seen a consistant schedule of HD777 the last 6 months or so. I’m just wondering where they are going.
Also, the 777-200HDs that were plying the t.p.s. SFO-BOS-SFO segments are gone as well from the schedule.

David
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Monday 1/8, there is a 772 running SFO>LAS then returning LAS>SFO. It’s pretty rare to see a 777 on this route, but I have seen it before. What’s odd is that the inbound doesn’t show up for sale, so could this be a charter? I’ll probably make a run, that’s a cheap widebody trip, and it’s wide open as well. Just curious if anyone knows the story behind this being in Vegas.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asphaltman
Monday 1/8, there is a 772 running SFO>LAS then returning LAS>SFO. It’s pretty rare to see a 777 on this route, but I have seen it before. What’s odd is that the inbound doesn’t show up for sale, so could this be a charter? I’ll probably make a run, that’s a cheap widebody trip, and it’s wide open as well. Just curious if anyone knows the story behind this being in Vegas.
smth CES related i bet
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by asphaltman

There are actually three 777 trips from SFO to LAS on Monday. Also two 757-300s. Lots of lift for CES.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Most of those flights are the regular ORD-EWR 777 International, which is unchanged but a big change in the ORD-SFO, and EWR-LAX, EWR-SFO and Den-LAX whichc have all seen a consistant schedule of HD777 the last 6 months or so. I’m just wondering where they are going.
I'm guessing Hawaii? ORD-HNL, DEN-HNL, IAH-HNL, 1x LAX-HNL, 3x SFO-HNL, HNL-GUM and ORD-OGG are 77G this month so that probably accounts for most of the frames. Also even GUM-NRT is going from 2x 77G 1x 738 to 3x 738 for some days in mid-January which looks interesting as well.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by truncated
I'm guessing Hawaii? ORD-HNL, DEN-HNL, IAH-HNL, 1x LAX-HNL, 3x SFO-HNL, HNL-GUM and ORD-OGG are 77G this month so that probably accounts for most of the frames. Also even GUM-NRT is going from 2x 77G 1x 738 to 3x 738 for some days in mid-January which looks interesting as well.
But UA was already running those frames to/from HI-Mainland before as well as the routes that LASUA1K and I identified. If you look at the fleet website, it appears that 6 different 772 airframes are in HKG/PEK/PVG/XMN for work with one at VCV in for paint.

David
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
My wife is flying ORD-EWR next Sunday afternoon on an sUA 3-class 772. She's in J at the moment, but all F fare buckets are zeroed out, and the seat map shows 8/8. Is it likely they are holding back these seats for surprise/delight? Or is there a chance they open these fare buckets up as the actual flight gets closer to departure?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
My wife is flying ORD-EWR next Sunday afternoon on an sUA 3-class 772. She's in J at the moment, but all F fare buckets are zeroed out, and the seat map shows 8/8. Is it likely they are holding back these seats for surprise/delight? Or is there a chance they open these fare buckets up as the actual flight gets closer to departure?
most likely selling it as two cabins and will put GS and 1Ks in F, but with domestic F service in both cabins
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by N104UA
most likely selling it as two cabins and will put GS and 1Ks in F, but with domestic F service in both cabins
Still plenty of seats left. I applied an RPU for kicks...might as well
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Unusual.. it does indeed seem to be blocked from inventory. When they did this on EWR-LHR there were reports of them putting only NRSAs into F and not letting anyone else sit there. Would be interesting to see what happens.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Unusual.. it does indeed seem to be blocked from inventory. When they did this on EWR-LHR there were reports of them putting only NRSAs into F and not letting anyone else sit there. Would be interesting to see what happens.
I've seen it swap to a 2-cabin a couple times. Just yesterday that flight operated with a Polaris 767. Probably a factor as well.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Still plenty of seats left. I applied an RPU for kicks...might as well
They don't treat them as 3 class service, as it was mentioned FC cabin gets GS and 1K members.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:13 pm

false. this does not happen. see post directly above
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
They don't treat them as 3 class service, as it was mentioned FC cabin gets GS and 1K members.
Originally Posted by tuolumne
false. this does not happen. see the post directly above
Actually, both methods have been regularly reported. For some reason, there has been variability.

A pattern if there is a pattern (which is hard to tell) --- it seems domestically the passengers are reseating ("op-up") based on status, as the first case above relates to. However, seems internationally the empty seems to be accessible for the NRSA, Although some passengers may also be "op-up" -- this is the confusing part.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 29, 2018 at 4:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.