Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

low premier upgrade chance for Premier Gold?

low premier upgrade chance for Premier Gold?

Old Aug 7, 15, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Plat
If I miss this many upgrades at IAH as an plat, you would definitely not be expecting upgrades as an gold at SFO.
Old Aug 7, 15, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
The same whine here appears regularly on the DL board where the derisive term for DL selling seats in F is FCM.

Bottom line is that with a vastly improved economy and a more rational F pricing structure the freeloader UG's, whether they're called CPU's on UA or Medallions on DL, are going the way of the dodo bird.
And, and so UA (and probably Delta) should eliminate these so-called complementary upgrades, as they only serve to disappoint the vast majority of their customers. Go back to the old CR-1 (500 mile) coupon systems - let people who really want an upgrade pay something, in miles or money, to get it.

TOD's are here to stay too, but UA would be better served to offer them only after the paid-coupon people were upgraded.

Delta may have TOD's too - but unlike United they also offer more reasonable First class fares in less busy time periods. After my recent switch to VS for most LHR travel (and occasional domestic trips on Delta) I've found reasonable RT coast to coast trips for about $1400-$1500 in First on Delta, compared with often over $2000 on United. It's enough to make a difference!
Old Aug 7, 15, 5:33 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
Originally Posted by NJFlyer42 View Post
I am a 1k. Upgrades (for hub to hub) come on odd days (mid week) and the occasional expensive ticket. I try to avoid the latter.

Lot's of upgrades and UA elite do not go together. Enjoy E+, SDC, and short lines.
my experience as well.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: