FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New Promo - 25% bonus on hotel points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1699188-new-promo-25-bonus-hotel-points.html)

pagotto Jul 31, 2015 9:20 am

New Promo - 25% bonus on hotel points

Just got this via email, looks like it's open to all:

Exchange your hotel points for miles and earn 25% more miles.

Now’s the time to convert your hotel loyalty program points into United MileagePlus® award miles. You’ll enjoy a 25% bonus when you convert points into a minimum of 5,000 award miles, up to 20,000 bonus miles. Register now to make all your points-to-miles conversions from our hotel partners count between now and August 31 and earn bonus miles for award travel and more.

T&C:

1. Registration: To qualify for this offer, members must register for the promotion at www.united.com/pointstomiles between July 31, 2015 and August 31, 2015 (“Promotional Period”).

2. Qualifying Activity: A member must earn a combined minimum of 5,000 award miles as a result of one or more points to miles conversion transactions from any combination of MileagePlus hotel partner programs that offer a points to miles transfer program that are conducted during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Activity”) in order to qualify for MileagePlus Hotel Points-to-Miles bonus miles (“Bonus Miles”).

3. Posting of Bonus Miles: At the conclusion of the promotion, all miles earned by each member from Qualifying Activity will be multiplied by 25% to determine the eligible bonus up to a maximum of 20,000 Bonus Miles. Bonus Miles will be credited into the member’s account on or before September 30, 2015. No Bonus Miles will be awarded if total Award Miles earned by such member from hotel points converted during the Promotional Period is less than 5,000. The maximum bonus miles that can be earned by a member under this promotion is 20,000. MileagePlus will not be responsible for technical problems with partner miles postings, or failures or delays in miles postings by hotel partners, that would render any points to miles converted as ineligible under this promotion.

4. General: This offer is not combinable with other MileagePlus offers. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. Please allow 6-8 weeks for miles to post to your account. United may change the MileagePlus program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count or qualify for Premier® status unless expressly stated otherwise. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the program. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, go to www.united.com.

Nimitz Jul 31, 2015 9:30 am

I wonder if this can be combined with the Marriott bonus since I think the Marriott bonus happens on the Marriott side of the transaction.

Madone59 Jul 31, 2015 9:39 am

I was just looking to convert some Hyatt points yesterday - glad I waited!

TommyC80 Jul 31, 2015 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Nimitz (Post 25201402)
I wonder if this can be combined with the Marriott bonus since I think the Marriott bonus happens on the Marriott side of the transaction.

Stacking this with the marriott bonus points has worked for me in the past.

Cargojon Jul 31, 2015 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Nimitz (Post 25201402)

Can you point me in the right direction of that one? I can't seem to locate it. I'd do a transfer if I could double-dip.

TommyC80 Jul 31, 2015 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Cargojon (Post 25201529)
Can you point me in the right direction of that one? I can't seem to locate it. I'd do a transfer if I could double-dip.

It's posted on the 'Mileage Plus News & Offers' section of UA.com on the hotels tab. But interestingly, when you link to the Marriott site from there you see no mention of the extra 10,000 points. It was definitely there a few weeks ago.... According to UA.com the promotion doesn't expire until 8/31/15.

skimple Jul 31, 2015 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Cargojon (Post 25201529)

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...telandcar.aspx

TommyC80 Jul 31, 2015 10:59 am

Originally Posted by skimple (Post 25201798)

That's the link to the normal RewardsPlus deal. This page, http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...ons/hotel.aspx refers to a promotion where you can get up to 22,000 bonus points for a transfer, instead of the normal 12,000 point max. Although, as I mentioned earlier, the Marriott page this link refers to no longer mentions the extra 10k points.

lilmama48 Aug 1, 2015 6:31 pm

choice points to united miles

I only need a few points to make the united miles come to where I need them. Therefore I am willing to forfeit a few choice points. I have tried a couple times, but it seems I can't find a place for the transfer. Only where to get to get free nights or giftcards. Anyone have a suggestion?

WineCountryUA Aug 1, 2015 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by lilmama48 (Post 25207704)
I only need a few points to make the united miles come to where I need them. Therefore I am willing to forfeit a few choice points. I have tried a couple times, but it seems I can't find a place for the transfer. Only where to get to get free nights or giftcards. Anyone have a suggestion?

You have never been able to convert Choice Points direct to RDMs ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-primer.html) since Choice Points are RDMs. The option to purchase PQMs was nixed over two years ago, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-annually.html.

Or are you talking about Choice Hotel points (Choice Privileges)?

LarkSFO Aug 1, 2015 9:35 pm

I just transferred 100,000 Hilton point to UA MP Miles.

For 12,500 UA MP miles, was an attractive offer for me.

kb1992 Aug 2, 2015 12:16 am

Originally Posted by LarkSFO (Post 25208121)
I just transferred 100,000 Hilton point to UA MP Miles.

For 12,500 UA MP miles, was an attractive offer for me.

To me 100000 HH is worth more than 12500 UA miles.

dsquared37 Aug 2, 2015 5:54 am

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 25208485)
To me 100000 HH is worth more than 12500 UA miles.

Indeed. They'd easily be worth $1500 with my patterns.

LarkSFO Aug 2, 2015 10:41 am

$1,500? Wow. I don't think I have ever achieved that with 100,000 HH or Marriott Rewards points.

To each their own in this game, as always.

In this case, I am primarily a Marriott / Ritz / Fairmont loyalist.

I was HH Diamond last year too though.

In March(?) I received a promo from Hilton: Stay 6 nights, renew your Diamond status through 2016 and receive 100,000 HH points.

Redirected 6 of my stays to Hilton, and received Diamond and the 100K points.

So, transferring those 'free' 100K points to 12,500 UA MP miles (which I need more of right now) seemed like a fine value proposition to me.

Even after the transaction, my HH balance is north of 500K...

Cargojon Aug 6, 2015 10:52 am

Anybody done a transfer yet? I did one and so far only the original points appeared.