UA Club House Rules

Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
From my flight on April 10th - posted in the "least substantive things to complain about thread". I detest bare feet - and unfortunately they are everywhere...

But I'd guess those shoes on the ottoman are dirtier than the bare feet.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Originally Posted by Bonehead
It really is time for the airline to put a stop to such disgusting behavior.
I don't think we can count on UA for this. Not to the extend it would need to be done.

I think it is part of the trend, really. The airline treats its passenger like cattles. Cattle pens for boarding. Slimline seats. And food/drink quality that have not been going uphill (very minor improvement as of late). Thing may be better in business, but not very classy. Was better before.

Not to say the grass is greener in other airlines based in the US. And not to excuse gross behavior. I am grossed just as everyone else. But the airline decided to treat passengers less as clients than rear-in-seats. An some people came to think and act like... well, you know.

Is it really so surprising? Isn't it part of the race to the bottom?

Does it really need to be this way?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by prestonh
I miss the Westin quiet rooms in the old RCC's. Then I would be able to spread out, put my feet up and tell folks like you to MYOB while I got some shut eye in between delayed flights. Unless those folks were taking up space you needed, did you need to run to teacher to tell?
^
Agree with you here, brother. Ratting people out seems to be the new national pastime.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: Won Kay
Originally Posted by prestonh
I miss the Westin quiet rooms in the old RCC's. Then I would be able to spread out, put my feet up and tell folks like you to MYOB while I got some shut eye in between delayed flights. Unless those folks were taking up space you needed, did you need to run to teacher to tell?
No kidding.

"Look! Look! Someone is doing something I don't like! Let's all point and leer at the horrible human who does things we don't like!"
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by roadkit
No kidding.

"Look! Look! Someone is doing something I don't like! Let's all point and leer at the horrible human who does things we don't like!"
More like:

"Look! Look! Someone is disregarding the established rules that the United Club has put in place for good reasons! But we all must be tolerant and politically correct and ignore this type of boorish behavior, even though it is diminishing the experience for the rest of us!"

SunLover
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SunLover
More like:

"Look! Look! Someone is disregarding the established rules that the United Club has put in place for good reasons! But we all must be tolerant and politically correct and ignore this type of boorish behavior, even though it is diminishing the experience for the rest of us!"

SunLover
Thank you. Not happy to see that some folks think such behavior is ok.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's ruder? Sleeping in the UC or photographing a stranger sleeping in the UC and posting/commenting on said photo in a public forum?

I would vote that the latter is the more egregious act and I am also unhappy to see that some folks think such behavior is okay.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yeah, I don't get half the haughtiness on this thread.

Could this guy have taken up less space and looked a little less sloppy? Yes.
Deserving of public ridicule? No.

I blame it mostly on the United Clubs not having appropriate space for napping/resting...you know, like a lot of the *A hub lounges have.

And I never knew that bare feet caused such angst among some people.

Go figure.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Yeah, I don't get half the haughtiness on this thread.

Could this guy have taken up less space and looked a little less sloppy? Yes.
Deserving of public ridicule? No.

I blame it mostly on the United Clubs not having appropriate space for napping/resting...you know, like a lot of the *A hub lounges have.

And I never knew that bare feet caused such angst among some people.

Go figure.
I don't share the fear of bare feet with others.
But, I do feel that if you make a public spectacle of yourself, then you open yourself to public comment.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Right...for me, it's not about the germs. It's just not the way one behaves in public. When homeless people sleep in the street, we feel bad for them because they have no other options, that's not the case here. And if barefoot isn't allowed in other places of business, why should it be OK on a plane? Somewhere there must be a thread of complaints about how Home Depot won't let you walk around barefoot.

Originally Posted by kale73
What's ruder? Sleeping in the UC or photographing a stranger sleeping in the UC and posting/commenting on said photo in a public forum?

I would vote that the latter is the more egregious act and I am also unhappy to see that some folks think such behavior is okay.
Both are rude. That doesn't make the former OK. If murder is worse than stealing, it doesn't mean stealing isn't wrong.

Originally Posted by HelloItsMe
I don't share the fear of bare feet with others.
But, I do feel that if you make a public spectacle of yourself, then you open yourself to public comment.
You might if you knew where else those bare feet have been .
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
DEN is where I almost had a fight with someone over sticking their hand into the cheese cubes - is there something in the air out there causing excess stupidity and slobbery?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
From my flight on April 10th - posted in the "least substantive things to complain about thread". I detest bare feet - and unfortunately they are everywhere...
I am going to take a wild guess these same bare feet found their way into the lav during the flight and became covered in a blend of OPU (other people's urine).
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I am going to take a wild guess these same bare feet found their way into the lav during the flight and became covered in a blend of OPU (other people's urine).
NOW we're getting down to the nitty-gritty.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Yes, in fact they did. And since this is UA - OPU is a certainty. I love flying on some of the other carriers that clean the bathroom after each use....
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Thread has run its course (and some).

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.