Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Club House Rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Such germophobes here! You'd be surprised what goes on in the kitchens of even the finest restaurants---"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe … were true."

A guy wearing socks is not a great vector to spread foot infections, fungal or bacterial.

But to claim that the UC aspires to promote "a professional environment" is akin to saying that Madonna aspires to be chaste.
There is nothing classy or professional about any UC that I know of.
Now, the LH F lounge in FRA, that is classy.

Originally Posted by sinoflyer
Here's my entry to the "are stockings better than bare feet?" debate: (from TG HKGBKK a while back)

Hey! Those are my legs.

Last edited by zombietooth; Jul 28, 2015 at 5:53 pm
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by zombietooth
There is nothing classy or professional about any UC that I know of
Being far from a UA apologist there is one, and one UA club only that is classy. Too bad it's not in the United States. lol
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by enviroian
Being far from a UA apologist there is one, and one UA club only that is classy. Too bad it's not in the United States. lol
Inquiring minds...

LHR T2?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:03 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
I don't find this to be gross. Sitting on an airplane seat is probably nastier. I do, however, find him to be inconsiderate for taking up so much space.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by 318i
Quote:

Originally Posted by enviroian

Inquiring minds...

LHR T2?
Yes sir!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Such germophobes here! You'd be surprised what goes on in the kitchens of even the finest restaurants---"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe … we're true."

A guy wearing socks is not a great vector to spread foot infections, fungal or bacterial.
As an infectious disease doc...I concur! I will say, however, the cultures I have seen collected from airports, passenger aircraft...and your fellow travelers will "make your hair stand on end" Humans, for the most part are dirty animals...Fortunately, we have developed appropriate immune systems to keep us safe in most situations.

But to claim that the UC aspires to promote "a professional environment" is akin to saying that Madonna aspires to be chaste.
There is nothing classy or professional about any UC that I know of.
Now, the LH F lounge in FRA, that is classy.
"Professional environment"...you are correct, this is a joke! I have not seen a professional environment in the RCC and now the UC since the 90s...and I am not sure I ever saw a "professional environment" in the PC...and I possess lifetime memberships in both since the late 70s(UA) and early 80s(CO) Unfortunately (for me), air travelers have become less and less professional over the years...and air travel has become more and more like a Greyhound bus of the 1960s.

Needless to say, I rarely go into a UC these days...unless absolutely necessary! It is not as much fun as it used to be! (except when I am flying F on SQ, EK, LH or any number of foreign carriers)
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:35 am

I was working for a few hours yesterday in the cubicles (DEN UA West) and a guy was kicking back on the phone with one barefoot up on the desk.

I stopped and gave him the "WT-F look" pointing at his feet - and he rolled his eyes at me.

Also, in a quiet environment, I do my best to consume my food in a dignified manner, (meaning quietly as possible, chewing with my mouth closed, and keeping my space from appearing like a toddler's high chair table) - but from the sounds of the way people eat they'd be more at home with a pack of raccoons.

Last edited by jamesdenver; Jul 28, 2015 at 11:40 am
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 318i
Inquiring minds...

LHR T2?
Absolutely. It doesn't even seem like a UC, it's so nice.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
From my flight on April 10th - posted in the "least substantive things to complain about thread". I detest bare feet - and unfortunately they are everywhere...

Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Can't be sleeping since that's against the rules. Perhaps he is having some sort of medical emergency. Share that concern with the lounge staff & ask them to check on him.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by greenskin
Can't be sleeping since that's against the rules. Perhaps he is having some sort of medical emergency. Share that concern with the lounge staff & ask them to check on him.
That's a good workaround if you are uncomfortable asking the UC staff to enforce policy.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nnn
I don't find this to be gross. Sitting on an airplane seat is probably nastier. I do, however, find him to be inconsiderate for taking up so much space.
That was my first thought too. The club get crowded on Mondays- and the high gate one doesn't have enough chairs for the office cubbies.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by nnn
To me, this is when you get one of the dragons. I find the general staff people (the ones who clean up the place and refresh the food and other counter supplies) lackadaisical about such things. The dragons, however, will respond. When I was in the EWR C2/3 club, there were several people who rearranged the chairs in the TV lounge so they could sleep. I told one of the dragons and they immediately did something. One of them went in the room, woke each person up one at a time, told them it wasn't allowed and put the chairs back the way they belonged.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:33 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by GSBEWR
To me, this is when you get one of the dragons. I find the general staff people (the ones who clean up the place and refresh the food and other counter supplies) lackadaisical about such things. The dragons, however, will respond. When I was in the EWR C2/3 club, there were several people who rearranged the chairs in the TV lounge so they could sleep. I told one of the dragons and they immediately did something. One of them went in the room, woke each person up one at a time, told them it wasn't allowed and put the chairs back the way they belonged.
+1

I was in the LAS club and there were two people barefoot with their feet on the table - and the sign was one foot (pun intended) away from their feet. Yuck. Went to the agents there and told them. They waited a minute as not to rat me out and then went to the offenders and told them to put their shoes back on and no feet on the table.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by GSBEWR
I miss the Westin quiet rooms in the old RCC's. Then I would be able to spread out, put my feet up and tell folks like you to MYOB while I got some shut eye in between delayed flights. Unless those folks were taking up space you needed, did you need to run to teacher to tell?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.