United Mileage Plus Club Card Benefits

Old Jul 20, 15, 8:55 am
Original Poster

United Mileage Plus Club Card Benefits

Hi,

Does anyone know if I had a reservation I made prior to obtaining the United MP Club card, if the reservation will receive the Premier Access benefits?

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 15, 9:02 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Silver/Hyatt Platinum
The reservation won't be eligible for Premier Access benefits since it was made with another card.
Old Jul 20, 15, 11:15 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Not quite sure if that is right. My client buys my ticket, and using my FF# gets me the premier boarding and all benefits. I think all the T&C says has to have your FF#.
Old Jul 20, 15, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by powerlifter View Post
I think all the T&C says has to have your FF#.
That is what the T&C says, whenever I've asked UA via Twitter, they've said you need to use the card to buy the ticket. AA & DL, OTOH, just say you need to have the card, not actually use it.
Old Jul 21, 15, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Plus
you should be GTG once your MP CC is linked to your MP account...
Old Jul 21, 15, 8:40 am

Yea, I have the card and get the benefits on bookings made with my corporate amex under my MP#
Old Jul 21, 15, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver; WN; Marriott; SPG; Hilton; IHG; National; TSA Pre; Clear
Actually, there is a slight difference. When booking airfare with the Club card, you get a second bag checked free, for up to 2 persons. The reservation must be booked with the Club card.
https://www.theexplorercard.com/Club...ts/clubrewards
Premier Silver gets one free bag check.
This matters to me when I vacation, because I often take scuba gear, which is a second checked bag.
Old Jul 21, 15, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I had premier access applied to already-bought reservations when I was approved for the Club Card (and before I became Silver). But I bought those with the Explorer Card, so I'm not sure if that matters.
Old Jul 21, 15, 7:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by trainsplanes View Post
I had premier access applied to already-bought reservations when I was approved for the Club Card (and before I became Silver). But I bought those with the Explorer Card, so I'm not sure if that matters.
Explorer purchased travel get Premier Access Priority Boarding for the primary cardholder.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 21, 15 at 11:10 pm Reason: correction
Old Jul 21, 15, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Explorer purchased travel get Premier Access for the primary cardholder.
Purchasing a ticket with the explorer card gets you Group 2 boarding only. You do not receive other Premier Access airport services. The boarding pass actually says "PRIORITY BOARDING" in place of "Premier Access".
Old Jul 21, 15, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA silver; AA Gold;AGR;HH Gold;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC;National Executive; Johnnie Walker Gold
Originally Posted by TommyC80 View Post
Purchasing a ticket with the explorer card gets you Group 2 boarding only. You do not receive other Premier Access airport services. The boarding pass actually says "PRIORITY BOARDING" in place of "Premier Access".
Exactly, the Chase Club card gives you "Premier Access" whereas the other only gives you priority boarding.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: