Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA F pax on LX/LH code shares no longer have access to ZRH F lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA F pax on LX/LH code shares no longer have access to ZRH F lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry if this has been asked and answered above...
Can I assume that I won't have a problem with FCL access on a ticket issued on 016 stock but booked as a true operating LX flight numbers (LX40 ZRH-LAX)?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SFO777
Can I assume that I won't have a problem with FCL access on a ticket issued on 016 stock but booked as a true operating LX flight numbers (LX40 ZRH-LAX)?
You should check out the thread in the LX forum, but there have been reports of agents actually checking ticket number and rejecting 016 ticketed pax.

The work around is to show them a mobile BP.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
No, you have to assume the opposite - no access. That's what most of this thread is all about: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ust-swiss.html
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goliath
No, you have to assume the opposite - no access. That's what most of this thread is all about: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ust-swiss.html
That's what I was looking for. Thanks for the link.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
How do you the LX flight number? Did you call UA and have them issue the ticket?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, GlobalEntry, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club
FYI, I was able to enter the new F lounge with a mobile BP, not even the slightest fuss.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
How do you the LX flight number? Did you call UA and have them issue the ticket?
It would be a mixed class/airline RT.
• LAX-EWR-TLV in UA Business
• TLV-ZRH-LAX in LY Business/LX First (ZRH-LAX)

I'd like Amex to write the ticket using PayWithPoints and my Amex Business Platinum for the 50% rebate.
With UA as the first leg, not sure whether there is a way for them to avoid an 016 ticket.

And with an LY to LX connection, would I even be able to get a mobile BP?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, GlobalEntry, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club
Yes, just check-in again (when you can) on LX and request mobile link. You can also use the LX app.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold

I'd like Amex to write the ticket using PayWithPoints and my Amex Business Platinum for the 50% rebate.
Know it isn't your actual question, and not sure if it's just an oversight, but wanted to make sure you knew it's no longer 50%. It was reduced to 35% starting June 1, 2017.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...iness-platinum
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmanirish
Know it isn't your actual question, and not sure if it's just an oversight, but wanted to make sure you knew it's no longer 50%. It was reduced to 35% starting June 1, 2017.
True on old cards, but new cards issued between 10/16 and 5.31.17 are grandfathered at 50% until 6.1.18 and with no cap.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Anyone know if the same issue exists with LX F flight booked through LH website? I do see the potential Swiss mobile boarding pass workaround described above, so maybe it's a non-issue either way, but it would be nice not to be holding my breath if this was just a UA thing.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by st530
Anyone know if the same issue exists with LX F flight booked through LH website? I do see the potential Swiss mobile boarding pass workaround described above, so maybe it's a non-issue either way, but it would be nice not to be holding my breath if this was just a UA thing.
you'll have no issue.
st530 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.