Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any advantage of 016 tickets except PQD?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
E+ choosing in some instances
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
E+ choosing in some instances
If you are an UA elite, E+ can be chosen anytime on any ticket stock. Provide your UA MP FF # while booking with the other airline and get the corresponding UA confirmation number. Add it to your UA account and select your E+ seat. That's always worked for me.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I have booked UA flights on other ticket stock and upgrade processing with GPUs does not work as well. I don't know if it's changed, but I couldn't apply my GPU until check in. If the flight is not on UA, then I cannot see any advantage at all.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I have booked UA flights on other ticket stock and upgrade processing with GPUs does not work as well. I don't know if it's changed, but I couldn't apply my GPU until check in.
How long ago? This has been working for a long time IME.

SDC is the other main thing which officially only works on 016 tickets; that was a change a couple years ago; prior to that it worked pretty well on anything.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
How long ago? This has been working for a long time IME.
In the days of BD codeshares, so I'm delighted to hear that the problem has gone away.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:42 am

I've read on here that only UA operated flights count toward Million Mile status. Not sure if it has to be 016 ticket stock as well.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
In the days of BD codeshares, so I'm delighted to hear that the problem has gone away.
Yeah...that changed with the shift to SHARES, several years ago.

Originally Posted by jacobac00
I've read on here that only UA operated flights count toward Million Mile status. Not sure if it has to be 016 ticket stock as well.
Nope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.