Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Waiver Posted for SHARES Outage on July 8, 2015 - UA Has Resumed Operations

Waiver Posted for SHARES Outage on July 8, 2015 - UA Has Resumed Operations

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 8, 15, 12:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: PV_Premier
Wiki Link
UA.com waiver information:

Airports:
All cities

Original travel dates:
July 8, 2015

Flight changes:
The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new flights departing between July 8, 2015 and July 10, 2015, as long as travel is rescheduled in the same cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.
For wholly rescheduled travel departing after July 10, 2015, or for a change in departure or destination city, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply. Rescheduled travel must be completed within one year from the date when the ticket was issued.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 8, 15, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 22 years/2MM, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-La Jade, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE View Post
Just deplaned EWR to MCO. 8 AM departure.
That IS troubling. Did they say something like they expect a protracted delay? Generally it's better to keep folks on board within the tarmac delay window and go go go as soon as the flight plan gets filed.
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
United has had several of these issues since 3/3/2012. Many of them are brief (few minutes to an hour or so).

Unfortunately this one seems to be happening at a pretty hopping time of the day. Hopefully this won't last long.
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:32 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
SHARES Down

Just got told that all planes are holding until 9:15am Eastern at least.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Can someone please bring me up to speed...is SHARES grandfathered from the UA or CO side? Is it a dinosaur system? Do any other airlines use it?

Programs: UA lifetime 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime TE, Avis is dumb
Everyone should call customer service immediately. Make sure that they know there is an outage and re-confirm all of your flights with them. *sarcasm*
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Boarded us in CMH and pushed back from gate. Did safety briefing and waited 15 minutes and now we are back at the gate. Captain said good news is that all flights are stopped so everyone's connection should be fine. LOL.

If we don't take off soon this will be a trip in vain and I will just go home. Was supposed to fly last night but that was delayed to where I would not have made my connection so ended up on this flight.

Yipee!
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Can someone please bring me up to speed...is SHARES grandfathered from the UA or CO side? Is it a dinosaur system? Do any other airlines use it?
CO, yes it is a dinosaur, but the CO agents are quite savvy with it, don't think other airlines use it (I think it is proprietary)
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hookthem View Post
but the CO agents are quite savvy with it
That's debatable.
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:34 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
Announced ground stop at EWR.
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 22 years/2MM, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-La Jade, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by hookthem View Post
CO, yes it is a dinosaur, but the CO agents are quite savvy with it, don't think other airlines use it (I think it is proprietary)
US Airways used SHARES (another version of it) but that's going (gone?) away in favor of AA SABRE.
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Systemwide Ground Stop posted at FAA:

Due to USER REQUEST DUE TO AUTOMATION ISSUES. UAL AND SUBS ONLY., departure traffic destined to ALL airport will not be allowed to depart until at or after 13:15 UTC.
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:37 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Just received a "Breaking News" alert on Bloomberg and CNBC and UAL just took a turn for the worse in the pre-market. Usually these things don't make the news this quickly; either the wrong person is stuck or there or this is larger than a short outage -- Roll the news vans and get ready for live reporting in front of massive ticket counter lines.
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by channa View Post
Systemwide Ground Stop posted at FAA:

Due to USER REQUEST DUE TO AUTOMATION ISSUES. UAL AND SUBS ONLY., departure traffic destined to ALL airport will not be allowed to depart until at or after 13:15 UTC.
For anyone that's curious, 13:15 UTC = 8:15 AM CST
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:38 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
SHARES Down

Passengers allowed to leave if they want, can also stay on board here at Dulles (flight 1537).
Old Jul 8, 15, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K AA Plat HH Dia Prior Club Plat
Ord starting again

B 21 area starting manual boarding, said they are dispatching one at a time. Feels like the good ole' days, I'm looking for red carbon paper backing on my ticket coupon.

Search this Thread