Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Upgraded but recieved "We are not yet able to confirm your request ..." message ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded but recieved "We are not yet able to confirm your request ..." message ???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:36 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
That's a fairly normal e-mail to get when you have a segment waitlisted with an instrument, although I haven't gotten it the last couple of times I've been waitlisted, hit T-24, and hadn't gotten the u/g yet.

As for already being in F ... system glitch?Probably related to the other segment being instrument supported...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by iapetus
So, I thought that this Upgrade Status Update e-mail that I received from United yesterday was a little weird. And I just thought I would share:

Nothing too strange there, even though I've never received such an e-mail. No, the odd part is that I already have a confirmed seat in F on that flight!

Has anyone ever seen something like this? Any thoughts on what happened? Note that this is the first stop of a two-flight itinerary. And I called UA to ask that an RPU be applied to the second flight; I believe that I got the SAT-IAH upgrade as a UDU. Perhaps that really confused the system? Only I still see the upgrade request for flight #2 .
If I'm reading this right, this sounds like this message is for the RPU-supported request. This message is typical for a mileage- or instrument-supported upgrade request that doesn't clear by close to check-in time.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I've had this before. You probably need to get the ticket resynced at some point but otherwise you should be fine.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
If I'm reading this right, this sounds like this message is for the RPU-supported request.
No, that's what strange about it. It's for the segment that cleared as a UDU. I already have the upgrade. The segment on which I have requested an upgrade with an RPU hasn't cleared (and won't, I think ), but the e-mail was clearly not about that segment.

Well, I think it's a little strange anyways ...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:06 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
This is a common, known, and harmless bug in UA's IT. It happens to me more often than not when I have an instrument-supported upgrade.

Basically, if you have a GPU or RPU applied to AAA-BBB-CCC (or more segments), and any of the segments have not cleared at T-24, you get an email that more or less randomly says "We can't confirm your upgrade for AAA-BBB" or "...for BBB-CCC". At least 50% of the time, the segment that they reference is the segment that has already cleared. There's no obvious logic to it. Ignore these emails, or interpret them as "At least one segment can't yet be confirmed."
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Should I be worried ?

I am flying UA949 LHR SFO tomorrow connecting to UA1893 to DEN. W fare. I was notified day before yesterday that I had been upgraded on the international leg. I picked a seat on the app but since I am on a limited phone plan, I didn't call in. Yesterday I got an email that I needed to call United for an important message so I did.

It turned out I had lost most of my voice due to a cold but I got through and the ticket was reissued. Today I got an email saying I was waitlisted on the international segment. (The domestic is sold out in first).

I checked in and the boarding pass has the business seat. The reservation on the web site shows the upgrade.

Should I be concerned ?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
We're you waitlisted to upgrade using instruments?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
We're you waitlisted to upgrade using instruments?
Yes-GPU on W fare.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If the website shows that the GPU cleared and you are upgraded and you have a valid BP, that should do it. Always possible that the waitlist email lagged if you are in a spotty data area.

If it worries you, call UA. Use Skype or a voice service to avoid burning data.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Often1
If the website shows that the GPU cleared and you are upgraded and you have a valid BP, that should do it. Always possible that the waitlist email lagged if you are in a spotty data area.

If it worries you, call UA. Use Skype or a voice service to avoid burning data.
Doesn't UA reissue tickets when SWUs clear? If so, I would feel more confident it the ticket has already been reissued, so that the OP has a receipt with a new ticket number.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:30 am

It's been reissued and I have a receipt and boarding pass.

Still very little voice so any type of calling is tough at the moment. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:34 am

I'd go to the airport early with multiple copies (so that you retain one if an agent takes your boarding pass and gives you another one) of the printed (hard copy) version of your boarding pass, not just an electronic one on your phone. You might also want to have multiple hard copies of your new ticket/receipt and the PNR showing your upgraded seat assignment as well as any email confirming the upgrade. I'd also plan to board early just in case there could be duplicate seat assignments.

Maybe this is just an overabundance of caution.....
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
I checked in and the boarding pass has the business seat. The reservation on the web site shows the upgrade.

Should I be concerned ?
Well there's always the possibility of a screw-up, but this sounds fine to me. A BP with a business class seat is a pretty fair indicator that you're good to go.

The e-mail about your upgrade not being confirmed is automated and likely meaningless.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
It's been reissued and I have a receipt and boarding pass.

Still very little voice so any type of calling is tough at the moment. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
try to tweet them. i've had great results that way
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Doesn't UA reissue tickets when SWUs clear? If so, I would feel more confident it the ticket has already been reissued, so that the OP has a receipt with a new ticket number.
I don't think I've had a ticket number change on GPU/RPU clearance... the ticket is revalidated but keeps the same ticket # IME

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.