FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   LAX-EWR PS yet if on Biz First 752? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1691353-lax-ewr-ps-yet-if-biz-first-752-a.html)

avi8tir Jun 29, 2015 7:57 pm

LAX-EWR PS yet if on Biz First 752?

I think a few of the flights are run with Business First. And I also know that starting in October they moving everything to EWR.

On the flights that have the Biz First seats today, is there PS service? Or just normal Domestic F service?

kirkwoodj Jun 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Thinking ps will shift on Oct 25th. Enjoy seat and AVOD at least! ^

WineCountryUA Jun 29, 2015 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by avi8tir (Post 25046132)
... On the flights that have the Biz First seats today, is there PS service? Or just normal Domestic F service?

Normal domestic service today -- although the gap between normal domestic and PS has closed (unfortunately partially to a lowering of the PS levels).

Kacee Jun 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 25046270)
Normal domestic service today -- although the gap between normal domestic and PS has closed (unfortunately partially to a lowering of the PS levels).

I was going to say . . . I think the food is now better on domestic F.

ps crews are still top-notch.

Boo_Radley Jun 29, 2015 10:41 pm

What becomes of the non-ps planes being used on the route post-10/25? For instance 1456 SFO-EWR on 10/25 is an sCO 752 but is being sold as ps. How does that work?

OOOhhhh, I get it now... Jeff can retire some of the ps sUA 752s now and move some of the spare sCO ones onto ps. Gotta keep that BF capacity in check.

Kacee Jun 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Boo_Radley (Post 25046718)
What becomes of the non-ps planes being used on the route post-10/25? For instance 1456 SFO-EWR on 10/25 is an sCO 752 but is being sold as ps. How does that work?

OOOhhhh, I get it now... Jeff can retire some of the ps sUA 752s now and move some of the spare sCO ones onto ps. Gotta keep that BF capacity in check.

Actually, they are increasing frequency on EWR-SFO/LAX well beyond what the sUA ps fleet (15 aircraft) can support.

Unclear whether they will convert the sCO 752s to ps configuration.

Always Flyin Jun 29, 2015 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 25046743)
Actually, they are increasing frequency on EWR-SFO/LAX well beyond what the sUA ps fleet (15 aircraft) can support.

I don't believe that is correct. I believe the number of flights from EWR to LAX/SFO is slightly decreasing, and of course the JFK flights are gone.

Capacity from the greater NYC area to LAX and SFO is most certainly decreasing on UA, which is likely why DL, AA and B6 are filling the void out of JFK.

Kacee Jun 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 25046751)
I don't believe that is correct. I believe the number of flights from EWR to LAX/SFO is slightly decreasing, and of course the JFK flights are gone.

Capacity from the greater NYC area to LAX and SFO is most certainly decreasing on UA, which is likely why DL, AA and B6 are filling the void out of JFK.

Should have phrased that more clearly.

Current ps frequency will more than double, since all flights EWR-SFO/LAX will now be ps. Overall frequency on EWR-SFO/LAX will stay more or less the same.

Current dedicated ps fleet cannot support the increased ps frequency that will come with this change. Not even close, in fact, since number of "ps" flights is essentially doubling.

Also should be clear I think this is a terrible move and that ps will ultimately disappear.

JOSECONLSCREW28 Jun 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 25046743)

The CO 752s will remain in the 16J/153Y configuration as they will continue to be flown TATL in addition to the EWR-LAX/SFO & other flights utilizing the 75B aircraft.

Always Flyin Jun 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 25046841)
Should have phrased that more clearly.

Current ps frequency will more than double, since all flights EWR-SFO/LAX will now be ps. Overall frequency on EWR-SFO/LAX will stay more or less the same.

Current dedicated ps fleet cannot support the increased ps frequency that will come with this change. Not even close, in fact, since number of "ps" flights is essentially doubling.

Also should be clear I think this is a terrible move and that ps will ultimately disappear.

You and I are in complete agreement.

UA has no competition at EWR. Why compete? UA doesn't need PS at EWR.

docbert Jun 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 25046858)
UA has no competition at EWR. Why compete? UA doesn't need PS at EWR.

Because it's not about EWR, it's about NYC, and about international connections. And they have plenty of competition at both of those.

Kacee Jun 29, 2015 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by docbert (Post 25046874)
Because it's not about EWR, it's about NYC, and about international connections. And they have plenty of competition at both of those.

DL certainly smells blood in the water. Delta To Offer Most Seats Between JFK and LAX-SFO.

TJtv Jun 29, 2015 11:45 pm

I think the most important question in this thread is - post 10/25 United shows all EWR-LAX flights as being on a 752, is it true that all of those 752s will indeed have lie flat seating? Or will United operate some 752s with domestic first class seats on this route?

JOSECONLSCREW28 Jun 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by TJtv (Post 25046895)
I think the most important question in this thread is - post 10/25 United shows all EWR-LAX flights as being on a 752, is it true that all of those 752s will indeed have lie flat seating? Or will United operate some 752s with domestic first class seats on this route?

All EWR - LAX flights will be operated with either a 75B (16J/153Y) or 75J (28J/114Y) both of which have flat bed seating.

WineCountryUA Jun 29, 2015 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by TJtv (Post 25046895)

From the FT announcement or press release

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 24978593)
.... In addition to the p.s. aircraft we are moving from JFK to EWR, we will also reposition some of our flatbed-equipped 757s from trans-Atlantic routes to transcontinental routes in order to maintain or grow our existing EWR frequency levels. When we have completed this schedule adjustment, all of our flights from EWR to LAX and SFO will feature flat-bed seats.
-UA Insider