Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Gold Status using GPU (from GS) to upgrade. Relevant bin is PN or RN? (Answer: PN)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Status using GPU (from GS) to upgrade. Relevant bin is PN or RN? (Answer: PN)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by Kacee
It would be theoretically consistent, but it's not how UA has handled. GS instruments continuing to clear into PN has been repeatedly confirmed post April 15 (including by me in late May).
Why am I not surprised?

And here I thought that this lowly 1K *finally* got a bone thrown at him and had a fighting chance to be upgraded ahead of all of the "non-status friends of GS".

Guess not. Oh well.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:29 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by jgsx
Has anyone tried the reverse? Does a 1K GPU applied to a GS clear into PN?
Yes. A 1K GPU has to clear into R, even for a GS. They would not budge from this. I had to wait until the last minute even though PN was available.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Yes. A 1K GPU has to clear into R, even for a GS. They would not budge from this. I had to wait until the last minute even though PN was available.
We conversed a few weeks ago on another thread, but even since that conversation, I've applied a 1Ks GPUs to my itinerary into PN class. Again, I did this by applying the upgrade online (waitlist R), and calling and asking for a PN waitlist instead. Maybe I'm very lucky or its how I am doing it, but I'm 3/3 for GPUs confirmed this way and 6/6 for non-elite miles into PS PN space.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold
my bad. I was confused....

Previously reported that my spouse is GS. It turns out that he is only 1K this year. I just assumed it without checking. So RN is the right class.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by needHelp
Previously reported that my spouse is GS. It turns out that he is only 1K this year. I just assumed it without checking. So RN is the right class.
Thanks for updating this.

R is the correct class, not RN.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
Apologies for reviving an old thread but does anybody know if this is still the case. Does a GS sponsored GPU upgrade clear into PN or R/RN?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by rosesplus
Apologies for reviving an old thread but does anybody know if this is still the case. Does a GS sponsored GPU upgrade clear into PN or R/RN?
PN
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I thought there was a change a few years back where the traveler no longer inherits the status of the sponsor. Therefore, wouldn't it be R if the traveler is not GS.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by eng3
I thought there was a change a few years back where the traveler no longer inherits the status of the sponsor. Therefore, wouldn't it be R if the traveler is not GS.
No. Apples and oranges.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:34 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Kacee
No. Apples and oranges.
Not only does a non-GS clear into PN, but a GS on a 1K GPU clears into R. I found that out the hard way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.