Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What would you pay to upgrade to Row 21 from BFS to EWR? Currently $180 each

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB

21 week Pregnant wife and I are flying tomorrow from Belfast to EWR and on to FLL.

We currently have no seats assigned and seems the flight tomorrow is pretty full ( can only book Business class seats now on United website )

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...7-200_Flat.php

i have row 21 booked for EWR to FLL.

What would you pay to upgrade to Row 21 from BFS to EWR?
Currently $180 each
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
21 week Pregnant wife and I are flying tomorrow from Belfast to EWR and on to FLL.

We currently have no seats assigned and seems the flight tomorrow is pretty full ( can only book Business class seats now on United website )

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...7-200_Flat.php

i have row 21 booked for EWR to FLL.

What would you pay to upgrade to Row 21 from BFS to EWR?
Currently $180 each
Good chance they're going to assign you seats in E+ for free. There are also going to be some op-ups to BF (which will free additional E+ seats). But you could wind up separated in middle seats. So the question is really whether the certainty of having assigned E+ seats together is worth $360 to you.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Hi Kacee

Price dropped down to about $300 on those seats

Will keep an eye on the seat map as currently still quite a few e+ available.

Will probably chance a free upgrade at airport - would you advise to be early and arrive first to check in ?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
Will probably chance a free upgrade at airport - would you advise to be early and arrive first to check in ?
Yes, although it may not help. They may not assign those seats until the gate. So I'd factor that uncertainty (and the degree to which you will stress about it) into the equation.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Weebobby - The SeatGuru link is broken, but I'm assuming the aircraft is a 757-200?

If so, that makes row 21 an exit row seat. I'm not sure a pregnant woman can be seated in an exit row, since the pregnancy could be considered a disqualifying 'condition' - never mind the whole 'lift 60lb without causing bodily harm' aspect.

You may be able to assign it ahead of time and risk it, but depending on whether your wife is showing, the GA or FA may not allow her to sit in the exit row. (Although at that point you may be able to swap with another pair of E+ pax.)
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
I agree w/Critic, exit row at 21 weeks might not be the best of ideas, but only the two of you (and a GA or FA) can make that determination.

The bulkhead's open tho (7ABC) and what Kacee said about possibly being assigned E+ at check-in is probably true. I'd personally take the chance.

It goes without saying, but be your sweetest to any personnel you interface with and it helps that coach is zeroed out for sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.