Wiki Posts
Search

United and Apollo out of sync

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Plat
United and Apollo out of sync

I bought a 016 SFO-TPE ticket on through my travel agent. Due to pricing, chose outbound as SFO-NRT-TPE on UA codeshare, ANA operated flights. Return is on UA872 TPE-SFO.

Before the ticketing, I was toying the possibility of doing SFO-LAX-HND-TSA so I can leave after work. I had the flights booked. One of the flights was NH851 HND-TSA. I finally decided to transit through Narita without making two stops. SFO-LAX-HND-TSA were replaced by SFO-NRT-TPE.

A funny thing happens after my agent issued the ticket two days ago. On ViewTrip website and receipt, there are 3 segments. No NH851. However, United.com has NH851 as part of my reservation as one of the 4 segments in addition to SFO-NRT, NRT-TPE and TPE-SFO.

Here is what I have done since I found the discrepancy:

1. Call United. United agent can see NH851 but no ticket is associated with this flight. UA suggested my travel agent remove this segment. Otherwise, it could be a no-show on NH851 and results in UA872 seat cancellation.

2. Call ANA. NH agent does not find my name on NH851. The SFO-NRT-TPE segments are good in ANA system.

3. Call my travel agent. He does not see NH851 in his system. There is nothing for him to cancel. He thinks both sides will be in sync one day.

Should I just sit back and relax? Wait for United to be in sync with Apollo before my departure? If NH851 remains on my UA reservation without a ticket attached, what could happen?

One suggestion from the United agent is have United take over the reservation and get NH851 removed by United. Only downside is that my agent won't be able to see or change the reservation from that point.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
If these flights arent imminent I would wait 24 hours - it does take some time to propagate through systems occasionally. If it's not fixed then - it's time to get active....

I have had this issue with NH before - and I used to have LH issues as well - but lately LH has been amazingly fast and in-sync....
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Each airline is authoritative for their segments only. So long as UA shows you on the UA flights, and NH shows you on the NH flights, you're fine.

If you're really worried about it, you have to convince UA to delete the erroneous segment. Spew some rubbish about SHARES showing an erroneous segment, and the TA told you that UA has to delete it because everything's fine with them and NH.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
I've had exactly this problem before -- UA's systems will sometimes keep deleted OA segments around. channa's right in that it's fine as long as UA shows the UA segments correctly and NH shows the NH ones. To clear up the UA record, I've had to call UA to get them to delete the segments manually; they should be able to look at the underlying ticket to figure out which ones should be removed.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by amislove
I've had exactly this problem before -- UA's systems will sometimes keep deleted OA segments around. channa's right in that it's fine as long as UA shows the UA segments correctly and NH shows the NH ones. To clear up the UA record, I've had to call UA to get them to delete the segments manually; they should be able to look at the underlying ticket to figure out which ones should be removed.
Couldn't wait. A very nice United Premier Desk agent removed the segment for me. I am in love with United right now.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
United hasn't used Apollo since 2012.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
United hasn't used Apollo since 2012.
I don't think OP meant UA uses Apollo - but that their TA probably does....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.