Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HNL Club View (Waikiki?)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

HNL Club View (Waikiki?)

It just so happens MissBumpMe! and I will be in the HNL United Club in evening of July 4th. We're curious if any of the club's windows face east toward Waikiki, so as to perhaps score a glimpse of the Ala Moana fireworks prior to our long haul home.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BumpMe!
It just so happens MissBumpMe! and I will be in the HNL United Club in evening of July 4th. We're curious if any of the club's windows face east toward Waikiki, so as to perhaps score a glimpse of the Ala Moana fireworks prior to our long haul home.

Thanks!
No. It faces away. However, you can go outside and take a look.

Billy

the lounge is located on the airplane side of the four jets in the center of this photo:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ho...f331df!6m1!1e1

If you zoom out, you will see it faces away from Wakiki. However, if you head toward the Wiki Wiki bus upstairs, you should be able to get a fine view. It will be pretty small from that distance.

Last edited by Delta3MM; Jun 13, 2015 at 2:47 pm
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

...partial bummer.
Thanks, Billy.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hawaiian Premier
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
No. It faces away. However, you can go outside and take a look.
Yes, you can easily go outside of the club and get a great view - it only takes a minute.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, mdtakamine.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

Thanks!
Honolulu, HI (HNL) United Club

Diamond Head Concourse, above Gate 10

Monday- 5:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Tuesday- 5:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Wednesday- 5:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Thursday- 5:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Friday- 5:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Saturday- 5:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Sunday- 5:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Happy and safe travels!

Aloha! ^
Old Jun 13, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)
HNL Club View (Waikiki?)

you can see diamond head, so I would think you could see fireworks
Old Jun 13, 2015, 7:26 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
It's Hawaii, so you'll be able to see fireworks (and hear them) pretty much everywhere.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by poverty.jet.set
you can see diamond head, so I would think you could see fireworks
Oh, really!?!?!
Thanks, poverty.jet.set.

Fireworks are better with a little liquid fermentation.
(As are long haul flights, no?)
Old Jun 14, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
The views out of the club windows face south / southwest (there is a curve to the concourse). That gives you some really great sunset views in the winter prior to the evening red-eye take-offs. But just walk out the front door of the club and look out over the windows looking the opposite way - directly east (which is what you need). You aren't that close; it will be a distant view, but you should be able to see them.

As an aside, there are fireworks over Waikiki every Friday at 7:45. One of the most amazing views to be had of them (aside from the 30th floor of the rainbow tower at the HHV) is from the left window seats of a departing flight.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:52 pm

How far is UA lounge in HNL from AS Terminal?

Hi, we're headed to HNL on AS in August.

We're flying first class (from San Jose, CA) but I understand there are no AS lounges at HNL and I'm considering using the UA lounge at HNL prior to our flight back to CA.

I have some UA club passes (provided through the Chase Explorer CC) that I could use.

From what I understand, you don't have to be flying on a UA (or *A) flight in order to use the lounge. (hopefully true, or there's no point to my post)

Can someone tell me how far the UA lounge is from the AS gates/terminal at HNL?

I looked at a map, but it's hard to tell how far that really is distance wise (we'll have 2 kids in strollers, so also need to factor if there are stairs or escalators/elevators)

Since we do check in quite early for our flights because we have the kids, it would be nice to relax in a lounge before our flight.

But not if it involves a big walk/trek from the AS check in area to the UA lounge and then back to the AS gate.

Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kayexalate
...Can someone tell me how far the UA lounge is from the AS gates/terminal at HNL?...
No more than a 10 minute stroll. You do not need to be flying UA to use passes.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K

Thanks!
I saw a couple of years back from UC. You'll have to be near the window and look to the very left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.