Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club pricing increases [Effective June 11, 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:24 pm

what? that price is insane. with that money I can get AMEX Platinum and use Centrurion
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
My wife is royally pissed as she's been getting the spouse cost off my credit card membership (PP card). Hopefully they don't also raise the credit card costs. We'll evaluate the value of the club. We all knew this was going to happen when they "improved" the club.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by DBCme
Nobody here, familiar enough with United, actually thought there'd improvements to the club without a subsequent fee increase, right?
And the improvements can easily be removed once the fee increase dust settles.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fastfxr
That's a little pricey for an over-crowded club that offers free membership to CC holders.

Wonder if there's a discount for 1K...if not I won't be renewing.
I will let mine expire this year as it is no longer worth it for the past year plus.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by FLYDCA
Even myself, the major UA naysayer thinks this is next to impossible. Could you imagine the outcry if UA decided to implement increased membership dues then start pulling out the recent food upgrades?

Smisek would need to wear a flak jacket to work
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by timfountain
PP as in Priority Pass, as in not accepted at UA clubs anymore? Can't see how this help you at all.
PP is Presidential Plus.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by FLYDCA
When it comes to the UC's I think UA is in an enhancement cycle. First updated design decor, followed by improved nibbles. Better booze is next; followed by another price increase when they find out this last one stuck.

Ultimately though it is up to DL as UA will follow their lead.

SunLover
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by mh3265a
My wife is royally pissed as she's been getting the spouse cost off my credit card membership (PP card). Hopefully they don't also raise the credit card costs. We'll evaluate the value of the club. We all knew this was going to happen when they "improved" the club.
My wife was similarly unhappy to discover her membership has lapsed and can't be renewed. Current deal (she's 1P) is Club Card with 1st year fee waived and higher $450 annual fee after. Any alternatives or better deals we should consider? I have a legacy Presidential Plus card I'm holding on to for the flex PQMs. Now thinking a colleague who bought his lifetime membership 15 yrs ago wasn't as crazy as I thought at the time.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm royally ticked that they increased it! I mean, damn, I don't even DRINK and their food options aren't the greatest, so where do they see increasing it by 100 dollars in a year? I JUST got back from Vegas and asked if I could put it on 2 different cards. Now, I've been a member since the President's Club days of CO and have always done that. Or, I've paid cash at the club to renew. Now they don't take cash, can't renew on 2 cards and increased the price. I'm just glad I had 70K points to buy it that way. I'm already missing the points, but I'm going to Greece in 6 weeks with a friend, and I want her to be able to come with me into the club. My card expired at the end of this month and I wanted to be sure I got my new one before leaving for Europe. I could've done it all on one card if I hadn't just paid for 4 flights with UA and my trip last week, but I'm just at that cut-off period where the new card might not arrive if I had waited. But I already miss those miles! Ugh! One more year, then I'm checking into Delta, which is smarter as I live near a Delta hub. UA is great internationally, but flying UA from DTW is always a guessing game. Atlas we have a Lufthansa club at DTW instead of UA- gotta love the European Clubs!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:15 pm
Suspended

I've had the Club Card for a while now and looks like I was grandfathered in for the $395... Haven't seen any increase on my end....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.