Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated BOS lounges/connections/logistics-Domestic/International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated BOS lounges/connections/logistics-Domestic/International

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Are they hired by the airlines? I will mention this the next time I get a survey from them.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by mrswirl
Last time I did this at BOS I was on AC which leaves out of the tiny 3 gate mini-terminal at the end of B which has it's own security checkpoint. We went thru the main TSA checkpoint and killed a couple of hours in the UC then went downstairs and cleared security again at B1.
Same experience here flying to YYZ on AC - got told by the gatekeepers I was at the wrong terminal but insisted I was going to the UA club and all was fine. I think I entered at the AA shuttle security line, which was empty. You should be fine.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA MM
Suspect you'll be fine as well. But if you want to go into town, consider taking the free bus to the water taxi (which is also the fastest way to get to the Hyatt there) and take the boat across. It goes right to the end of Faneuil Hall area and its a pretty and no hassle ride across the harbor. The bus runs every 5 minutes or so.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:32 pm

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm having my friend make the attempt with her WW BP. She can also show that she just arrived with her B6 BP and I texted her a pic of the UC pass so she can show she has access to it. Our WW flight to KEF departs at 1800 and as neither of us have been to BOS before and as much as we'd love to see the city, I'm not sure it would be feasible to venture into town and deal with traffic in the afternoon to get back to the terminal. We have carry on only and BP's are printed so we just have to go to security at E but have read the lines at security can be long depending on how many flights are departing in the evening.
I work for the DOA at LAS and I know here you can gain access to any terminal regardless of airline as long as BP is same day, I'm hoping that is the case at BOS and that was the reason for initial question.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by diburning
If you even get past the contract schmucks that police the lines, TSA won't let you in if your BP is not for that terminal. Only exception is C and E because they are connected airside.
This is not true at all. I've used the UA Club in B flying TP, LH, LX, TK, SK, and AC. The UA Club is significantly nicer than the lounges in any of the other terminals, so I always go out of my way to visit if I'm ever at the airport more than 2 hours before departure.

The TSA doesn't care at all. I've never been questioned about why I'm entering a different terminal, but I'm sure "meeting a friend" would more than suffice.

Originally Posted by aussievc
Our WW flight to KEF departs at 1800 and as neither of us have been to BOS before and as much as we'd love to see the city, I'm not sure it would be feasible to venture into town and deal with traffic in the afternoon to get back to the terminal.
Traffic has gotten significantly better since they removed the toll booths, but I agree with your assessment - 17:00 is no time to be trying to drive to the airport.

Enjoy the BOS lounge.. It's one of my favorite UA Clubs in the system. The views are terrific
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:39 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
This is not true at all. I've used the UA Club in B flying TP, LH, LX, TK, SK, and AC. The UA Club is significantly nicer than the lounges in any of the other terminals, so I always go out of my way to visit if I'm ever at the airport more than 2 hours before departure.

The TSA doesn't care at all. I've never been questioned about why I'm entering a different terminal, but I'm sure "meeting a friend" would more than suffice.

Traffic has gotten significantly better since they removed the toll booths, but I agree with your assessment - 17:00 is no time to be trying to drive to the airport.

Enjoy the BOS lounge.. It's one of my favorite UA Clubs in the system. The views are terrific
Thank you PVDtoDEL! Definitely don't want to chance it especially when the WW tickets are seperate from our UA and B6 tickets.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
With 6-hour layover you should both hop in a cab and go downtown.. Quincy Market (Faneuil Hall) and grab a bite or go to the North-end for some great Italian food!
Or just take the T to Aquarium. Super quick and easy. Logan is so much closer to the city than most major US airports.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aussievc
Definitely don't want to chance it especially when the WW tickets are seperate from our UA and B6 tickets.
Actually, I just reread your post. If you get in at noon, definitely go into the city. You can take the Silver Line into the city (free from Logan Airport), and then as Kacee mentioned, you can take the T (or even the ferry) back from the Harborwalk area (Aquarium/Faneuil Hall) to avoid the traffic.

For a 6PM flight, you don't need to plan to be at the airport before 3 or 4 (you can even go use the UA Club at this point). But you definitely have enough time to spend a couple pleasant hours in the city.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
How long do I need at Boston in the AM?

I will be departing on UA out of Boston on a 6:15am flight to Chicago. I am flying First Class but will be checking bags. I am thinking of arriving at the airport at 5:10am. (This when the bus would drop me off at Logan.) Will that give me enough time to make the flight?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
5:10 will be fine, especially since F will give you premier access.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by riphamilton
5:10 will be fine, especially since F will give you premier access.
Thank you for the response.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:23 pm

Any advice?

Hi, i wanna buy a roundtrip flight from Milan to New York, and I found these options:

Going way: LIN-BRU-EWR with a 1,3h transit in BRU and I think this is the better option for me, looking schedule time and price. Flights are operated by Brussels Airlines and United

Im having some doubt about the return flight, there are 2 options:

1) EWR-BOS-FRA-LIN, with a 1,12h transit in BOS and 2,30h transit in FRA, first flight operated but United, the other 2 by Lufthansa (BOS-FRO is on a 747-800, I would love to try it).

2) EWR-FRA-LIN, with a 6,45h (!) transit in FRA, first flight operated by United, second one by Lufthansa.

Price is the same for both options, do you have any advice?

I wanna choice the first option (I love aviation and do transits) but I dont know if 1,12h transit in Boston is enough, is easy or fast the transit from terminal B to terminal E in Boston?
Thank you.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
72 minutes in BOS is not enough. Take an earlier EWR departure, there are plenty through the day.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If this is in Y I'd avoid the 747-8i on LH. I found the seat to be rather uncomfortable and near impossible to move when the person before you reclines. If you're a smaller person it may be better but I'd actually give UA a slight edge here.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Lounge Access at BOS

Flying F ORD - BOS (on UA) - FRA (on LH). What lounge options are there in BOS?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.