Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated BOS lounges/connections/logistics-Domestic/International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated BOS lounges/connections/logistics-Domestic/International

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Did they end up opening the outdoor patio? I think they were still in discussions with MassPort / TSA as of a month or so ago.
The lounge was over budget so UA put a hold on the outdoor patio for now anyway (at least that is what I was told). The outdoor roof structure also needs to be reinforced but apparently it is something that UA still wants to complete in the near future
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by wxguy
Ditto! I had a great time. Best food on UA in a long time

There was a brand-new 737-900ER on display - it was just flown in from the Boeing factory in Seattle last night. The manager inside told me that as of the end of June, there will be no "dark" airplanes - every one will have at least Wifi, streaming entertainment, DirecTV, or traditional video/audio. We'll see...

Oh, and the United Club is really nice.
100% agree. The food is better than domestic F, plus the wines are at least $10 a bottle.

Grand prize for the raffle was two tickets to anywhere UA files, in coach. I'm somewhat glad I didn't win. It's a long way to Singapore, in coach.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JT_BOS
100% agree. The food is better than domestic F, plus the wines are at least $10 a bottle.

Grand prize for the raffle was two tickets to anywhere UA files, in coach. I'm somewhat glad I didn't win. It's a long way to Singapore, in coach.
Haha totally agree!! The wines and food were 100x better than the offerings in F and I bet the tix are not GPU upgradeable
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by JT_BOS
It's long way LHR-SFO-SYD too.

Does the ticket earn PQM? RDM? Which class? X?

I don't mind S/L/K/N as long as there is a way to upgrade.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The club looks great - I'll be through there on Sunday!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
the group boarding corrals were absent from terminal A this morning. as much as everyone is excited for terminal B, it'll be interesting to see what massport does to make UA's gates and counters in A and C look like less of an eyesore over the next few months.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by riphamilton
the group boarding corrals were absent from terminal A this morning. as much as everyone is excited for terminal B, it'll be interesting to see what massport does to make UA's gates and counters in A and C look like less of an eyesore over the next few months.
The ones in B will be taken over by B6. I wouldn't be surprised if Delta spreads out a bit in A.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:01 pm

Total rumor but WN might be moving from E to A and I'm sure B6 will rip out the check in counters pre-security C and do some type of installation and convert all gates to B6. Heard they are also potentially snagging a couple of E gates??
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:02 pm

The space looks quite nice. I hope it works out well for all parties. I can imagine the pickup/dropoff areas in B being quite crowded, as they already were before UA moved in. Parking in B will surely be more difficlut, with the addition of the new gates.

Too bad about the lounge not having showers, especially considering the 3 red-eyes a day from the west coast. I can imagine the shower that AA can offer being a draw for some people over the UA/DL/B6/VX trans-cons.

Those lounge views do look great! Just a few more hours until the first arrival tonight.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Parking in B will surely be more difficlut, with the addition of the new gates.
PASSport Gold is your friend.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by kenn0223
The ones in B will be taken over by B6. I wouldn't be surprised if Delta spreads out a bit in A.
Do you mean to refer to the ones in C rather than B?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by kb1992
It's long way LHR-SFO-SYD too.

Does the ticket earn PQM? RDM? Which class? X?

I don't mind S/L/K/N as long as there is a way to upgrade.

My +1 was the one to win the tickets! I will keep you guys posted on the details once he receives more info on it. I would be inclined to say it would probably book into X or maybe even YN (too high hopes)...

I might steal one of the 2 depending on the upgrade situation.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:12 pm
tyc

Programs: UA GS MM
Originally Posted by wxguy
Ditto! I had a great time. Best food on UA in a long time

There was a brand-new 737-900ER on display - it was just flown in from the Boeing factory in Seattle last night. The manager inside told me that as of the end of June, there will be no "dark" airplanes - every one will have at least Wifi, streaming entertainment, DirecTV, or traditional video/audio. We'll see...

Oh, and the United Club is really nice.
The terminal and club were fantastic, including the family/accessible bathroom. Only glitch is that there is no push button for the door to the accessible bathroom, so you will still need someone to help in opening the door if you are a wheel chair user.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Great club at BOS. Love the view. They had complementary champagne till noon today. Had some issue with reception on my TMobile phone at the bar, but that is a TMobile issue. Otherwise BOS staff have always been very friendly. The self boarding at the gates is nice. Just remember to press "Yes" if seated in exit row.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
From what I heard, the ex UA gates in terminal C will be going to JetBlue. They are even taking over the United Club there with their own lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.