FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1683931-consolidated-access-lufthansa-lounge-iad-thread-2014-forward.html)

Flying Machine Jan 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]

Hi there, anyone know at what time the Senator Lounge closes this Saturday night? Thanks and Safe Travels

CKinMD Jan 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 22169530)
Hi there, anyone know at what time the Senator Lounge closes this Saturday night? Thanks and Safe Travels

I am in the lounge now and just asked the agent. She said they're only open until 6 pm on Saturday. On the nights when there is a Brussels Air departure (like tonight), they stay open until 9:20. Hope that helps!

CK

Flying Machine Jan 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by CKinMD (Post 22169555)
I am in the lounge now and just asked the agent. She said they're only open until 6 pm on Saturday. On the nights when there is a Brussels Air departure (like tonight), they stay open until 9:20. Hope that helps!

CK

Thank you.. Safe Travels..

dchen2 Feb 6, 2014 3:40 pm

In the IAD Senator lounge right now. Came in at 4:30 for my 6:35 UA IAD-DXB flight. The IAD-FRA LH flight leaves at 5:50 so lounge was super packed, all seats taken and lots of people eating standing up.

Bar still have the sparkling wine (Champagne?) though still not listed on the available drinks menu and lounge had some pretty decent hot food such as lemon chicken, veggies, cous cos, cod fish cake, and corn chowder.

Too bad lounge isn't larger.

Shareholder Feb 6, 2014 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 22037520)
Or plenty of attention from the friendly bartenders ;)

Really? On my last two visits late last year, he was barely ever in the lounge. Hardest airline lounge to get a real drink in.

FriendlySkies Feb 6, 2014 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 22302205)
Really? On my last two visits late last year, he was barely ever in the lounge. Hardest airline lounge to get a real drink in.

There was only a female bartender when I was there before heading off to KWI. Since I was the only person in the lounge, she was very friendly and offered me anything I preferred while I was there.

weirdlyndon Feb 7, 2014 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 22302205)

Was there last week in the morning, when the place was packed with ANA customers. Just do what they do - help themselves and feign ignorance when called out by the lounge attendants! :D

jparrott Feb 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Senator Lounge closed today due to an "issue" (desk person's word), so everyone in the Business lounge. ATM no issue with space, and the Business lounge has a few carrels with normal chairs!

No Champagne down here (it has been available on request in the Senator lounge in the afternoon the last 2 weeks). Also no single-malt Scotch, but other offerings basically the same.

PV_Premier Feb 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jparrott (Post 22365203)
Senator Lounge closed today due to an "issue" (desk person's word), so everyone in the Business lounge. ATM no issue with space, and the Business lounge has a few carrels with normal chairs!

No Champagne down here (it has been available on request in the Senator lounge in the afternoon the last 2 weeks). Also no single-malt Scotch, but other offerings basically the same.

as you leave would you mind asking if this "issue" is envisioned to be a short term thing, eg, what is resolution date? i would guess with the Wideroe deals the LH lounge is getting a lot of play these days -- in fact my questions is for my own selfish knowledge as i fly via IAD on Friday.

topcat_dcx Feb 22, 2014 7:16 am

must have been a very short term issue. On 2/22, its open (I am writing from there)

DCA writer Feb 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by topcat_dcx (Post 22395982)
must have been a very short term issue. On 2/22, its open (I am writing from there)

Likewise. (burp)

Looks like the same pleasant place as ever.

jparrott Feb 22, 2014 11:27 pm

Yup. Was there yesterday as well. The "cod bulgogi"--whatever that means-was actually not bad.

pizzabox Feb 23, 2014 2:09 am

Originally Posted by jparrott (Post 22399864)
Yup. Was there yesterday as well. The "cod bulgogi"--whatever that means-was actually not bad.

Cod bulgogi? Was it beef or fish with beef? Bugolgi is definitely a beef Korean dish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgogi probably for the ANA pax?

jparrott Feb 23, 2014 4:18 am

It was just cod in a vaguely sweet sauce. Yellow card for nomenclature abuse, for sure.

cyclogenesis Mar 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Here again today.. This is a true gem..
They have replaced the wandering bar person with a dedicated bar in the SEN lounge. Champagne.. (yes! it did actually look french) flowing freely.. Great warm and cold food options..

Amazing that LH gives me one of the biggest reasons to maintain UA*G