FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1683549-ewr-security-line-precheck-premier-access-locations-wait-times-issues-consolidated.html)

UA-NYC Oct 14, 2013 4:09 pm

EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED]

Just came through - had no idea this was planned...?

Effective October 15, 2013, United's check-in counters at New York/Newark Terminal C will be changing locations. Check-in counters will remain in the same terminal but will be moved to different floors. Domestic and international Premier Access® check-in will now be located on Level 3 of Terminal C. Domestic and international Economy check-in counters will be located on Level 2.

Good I guess if it keeps Kettles away from Premier Access - but does the newish BF check-in stay where it is? Strange.

sbm12 Oct 14, 2013 4:50 pm

I really wish the signs told passengers where they should go. Coming in off the AirTrain the signs say mid-level check in and upper level check in but there's no indication as to which passengers should be at either. It really is bad.

mgcsinc Oct 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Didn't they just rejigger things?

Artagnan Oct 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Great, more EWR confusion. Just what we need.

acmys Oct 14, 2013 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Artagnan (Post 21607246)
Great, more EWR confusion. Just what we need.

Not to worry, the maroon coats will be happy to help like always :D

edcho Oct 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 21607181)
I really wish the signs told passengers where they should go. Coming in off the AirTrain the signs say mid-level check in and upper level check in but there's no indication as to which passengers should be at either. It really is bad.

+100000000000000

I guess i'll check it out next week.

cerealmarketer Oct 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 21607015)
Just came through - had no idea this was planned...?

Effective October 15, 2013, United's check-in counters at New York/Newark Terminal C will be changing locations. Check-in counters will remain in the same terminal but will be moved to different floors. Domestic and international Premier Access® check-in will now be located on Level 3 of Terminal C. Domestic and international Economy check-in counters will be located on Level 2.

Good I guess if it keeps Kettles away from Premier Access - but does the newish BF check-in stay where it is? Strange.

So bizarre. They just constructed a Global Services / First check-in lobby on Level 2.

So either they move it again, or Premier Access / Business end up on a separate level from Global Services.

Both ways defy logic.

A few years ago BusinessFirst checkin was front and center on Level 3.

Eadward Oct 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer (Post 21607301)
So bizarre. They just constructed a Global Services / First check-in lobby on Level 2.

So either they move it again, or Premier Access / Business end up on a separate level from Global Services.

Both ways defy logic.

A few years ago BusinessFirst checkin was front and center on Level 3.

I got this message and my first question is what happens to the GS check in

Cbmaz Oct 14, 2013 5:39 pm

GS Check-in supposedly will be adjacent to the C3 security Checkpoint. UA is relocating some back offices and building an ala ORD GS style check-in with direct access to a GS security lane. The current set up was a temp build to offer at least something. Now that the new bag building/system is nearing completion they are finally getting all of the real estate back that was taken up by all of the CTX machines.

eagle007 Oct 14, 2013 6:18 pm

This is so confusing. Wasn't domestic and intl on 3 and premier on 2 and now they're just switching the two floors?

aacharya Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by eagle007 (Post 21607584)
This is so confusing. Wasn't domestic and intl on 3 and premier on 2 and now they're just switching the two floors?

Indeed. And my preferred parking lot shuttle would always drop me at the Premier level. Now - probably not anymore.

I'll report back on Wednesday morning how it goes - and how GS/BF looks.

As for telling passengers - this appears directly on the BP starting today for tomorrow's flights.

cerealmarketer Oct 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Cbmaz (Post 21607392)
GS Check-in supposedly will be adjacent to the C3 security Checkpoint. UA is relocating some back offices and building an ala ORD GS style check-in with direct access to a GS security lane. The current set up was a temp build to offer at least something. Now that the new bag building/system is nearing completion they are finally getting all of the real estate back that was taken up by all of the CTX machines.

Remember hearing the GS lobby would be temporary, but didn't think it would be that temporary. As in 2 years temporary, not less than a year.

Kudos if they got it all sorted out that quickly, just wonder why they bothered with the temp setup on 2. They even frosted the doorway glass on 2 with the designation.

mgcsinc Oct 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer (Post 21608078)
They even frosted the doorway glass on 2 with the designation.

Yeah, didn't they plaster it everywhere?

feobrien Oct 14, 2013 10:48 pm

I received the same message, but on a trip now, so won't see if for another week. Does anyone know if they've separated out the elites or are they still combining 1K, Platimum, Gold and Silver all in the same LONG check-in line as they now do on level 2?

mgcsinc Oct 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by feobrien (Post 21608673)
I received the same message, but on a trip now, so won't see if for another week. Does anyone know if they've separated out the elites or are they still combining 1K, Platimum, Gold and Silver all in the same LONG check-in line as they now do on level 2?

Actually, there has been a separate line for 1Ks and Plats. But they often don't use it.