Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
No posts ITT for a while, but have there been any slowdowns or closures at EWR due to the government shutdown?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by phltraveler
No posts ITT for a while, but have there been any slowdowns or closures at EWR due to the government shutdown?
Terminal A was perfectly fine this morning, 6:30/7am - PreCheck and regular.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by phltraveler
No issues last week, Tues or Thurs. Just fine.

Heard from a coworker yesterday was easy too.

All copacetic.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Today was also quiet. Granted I cut through on the GS lane but there was only 2 people on the regular line at noon.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:04 am

Hoping it will be business as usual. I have a flight out of Terminal C at 9:30a on Friday. If it's a disaster, I'll report back.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The key is, after ID check, look for a lane where somehow everyone would ignore. You can use any of the 4 baggage check lanes available, not just the ones immediately behind the specific ID check podium.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Saturday at around noon the line was the emptiest I'd seen it in a long time. There was no wait at all. TSA employees were twiddling their thumbs and chatting in many of the stations.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
Whats the newest on EWR Terminal C - premier access ?

Can anyone give an update on the best way to get through security at EWR Terminal C nowadays ? still "Level 3" for the Premier Access securtiy line ? .... i am coming in on an international flight to Term B so dont need to check in - just to get quickly through security.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Originally Posted by teom66
Can anyone give an update on the best way to get through security at EWR Terminal C nowadays ? still "Level 3" for the Premier Access securtiy line ? .... i am coming in on an international flight to Term B so dont need to check in - just to get quickly through security.
All security is done at Level 2. There is a dedicated entrance line for Premier Access - you will go through xray machine in this line. If you have TSA Precheck, there is a separate entrance line for that.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by miasmal
All security is done at Level 2. There is a dedicated entrance line for Premier Access - you will go through xray machine in this line. If you have TSA Precheck, there is a separate entrance line for that.
It's actually on the mezzanine level between 2 and 3.

Level 1 is arrival and baggage claim.

Levels 2 and 3 are both for check-in; while security is in between.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
If you take the AirTrain in, you'll arrive on the concourse level in the area of the former C-2 checkpoint, which is the same level as the new consolidated security checkpoint. Loop around the wall to make a left and follow the people down the corridor... PreCheck comes first and Premier Access security next, then standard Economy.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by EWR764
PreCheck comes first and Premier Access security next, then standard Economy.
Kinda off-topic, but how is the security wait time looking with the gov't shutdown going on? Is Premier Access same as before, or has it closed during shutdown??
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MrGood
Kinda off-topic, but how is the security wait time looking with the gov't shutdown going on? Is Premier Access same as before, or has it closed during shutdown??
My experience thus far has been just fine. No difference from the usual, and maybe it's just me, but staff seem more pleasant than usual, definitely more pleasant than I would expect. Maybe it's a solidarity thing amongst

Now, watch me miss my flight tonight because of long lines at TSA...! I'll report back.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by EWR764
If you take the AirTrain in, you'll arrive on the concourse level in the area of the former C-2 checkpoint, which is the same level as the new consolidated security checkpoint. Loop around the wall to make a left and follow the people down the corridor... PreCheck comes first and Premier Access security next, then standard Economy.
Perfect. Thanks. Hopefully not too much increase in the wait time due to shutdown
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
How is the Pre-check line at terminal C looking for this evening? Any staffing issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.