Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Actually, there has been a separate line for 1Ks and Plats. But they often don't use it.
Its a confusing line. The feeder line is Silver + Gold + Platinum +1K + credit cards. I usually go the front of the line and ask if anyone is 1K, and if not I CUT TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE .

I take it this is because of the renovation going on?

And a DEDICATED BUSINESS FIRST LINE?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: UA 1K
The Explorer Card is not included. And there are supposed to be two separate feeder lines - they just happen to often combine them. No idea what the new setup will look like.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Platinum)
Yesterday it was apparently already in effect. I couldn't find the premier access lines on fl 2 where they normally are and the maroon coat just shrugged. There was also a long line on one side and no line on the other side with no logical reason for the distinction. The maroon coats just looked on, bored and apathetic. Thankfully, the airport wasn't too crowded or there would have been trouble.

Chaos as usual at EWR.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: One Pass
Was up there today, Not confusing at all. If you are an Elite, First Class, Business First, customer, head to the upper floor. If you think you might be Elite, or not an elite customer, head to the mid level. looks like they are installing large banners "ECONOMY", "GROUP CHECK IN", "BAG DROP", "SELF CHECK IN" etc.... Was quite busy and not chaotic at all.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Where on the upper floor?

Which door on the upper level should I use for 1K check-in on the upper level please?

I often travel heavy with 2 or 3 suitcases - not much fun traversing the whole terminal.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Which door on the upper level should I use for 1K check-in on the upper level please?

I often travel heavy with 2 or 3 suitcases - not much fun traversing the whole terminal.
And I'll tag on. What door for a mere gold on a TATL flight?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hughw
And I'll tag on. What door for a mere gold on a TATL flight?
The doors closest to the C-3 check-in - so almost directly above the "old' Premier Check-in.

There are two separate lines for 1K/PP and Gold/*Gold. Enforcement, as always, is an issue.

It should also be noted as of a few days ago at least that both C-1 and C-3 have TSA Pre-check.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I've lost count of the number of times the checkin areas have been moved around at EWR-C. None of the moves have seemed to offer anything new or imprved. The last one offered a special 1K line that (as noted above) was often not used. I'm not expecting much out of this.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Artagnan
Great, more EWR confusion. Just what we need.
Agree with this however once people are used to it I think it will be a nice change. I usually get dropped at level 3 now cause its so much easier (much less traffic.) Not sure it will stay that way with this change but I think from a convenience standpoint it makes a lot of sense.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: united mileage plus
Where is the TSA pre-check line. Last month it was on the second floor?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fdflys
Where is the TSA pre-check line. Last month it was on the second floor?
Umm, security hasn't changed - and won't/can't - absent an entire reconfiguration of the airport.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by aacharya
It should also be noted as of a few days ago at least that both C-1 and C-3 have TSA Pre-check.
C-1 has Precheck now??

Hallelujah!! About frackin' time!

I usually park in the garage and, depending on where I get a spot, it's a pain in the neck humping from the C1 area over to C3 to use precheck, then back to C1 post-security if my gate is over there... which it usually is.

Great update! Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
C-1 has Precheck now??

I usually park in the garage and, depending on where I get a spot, it's a pain in the neck humping from the C1 area over to C3 to use precheck, then back to C1 post-security if my gate is over there... which it usually is.

Great update! Thanks!
Yea looking forward to this, Not sure when you last flew but i was on a 7am EWR-IAH last monday and there were about 100 people in the C3 pre-check line. it was by far the longest line at C3.probably double the GM line.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Weez_1000
Yea looking forward to this, Not sure when you last flew but i was on a 7am EWR-IAH last monday and there were about 100 people in the C3 pre-check line. it was by far the longest line at C3.probably double the GM line.
I did the 6:30a EWR-ATL last week from C-95 and breezed through precheck. I do my best not to fly on Monday if I can help it.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
C-1 has Precheck now??

Great update! Thanks!
Confirmed - the C1 checkpoint does have a PreCheck lane (at the far right-hand side); looked to be rather new, since not all of the terminal signage had been updated to reflect the change. It's also worth noting that there's still at least one lane at C2 where there's no scanner installed, so it's an easy SDOO.

Getting back on topic - flying in from PDX on the redeye this morning, I noticed that there are new freestanding signs at both the foot of the AirTrain escalator and at the escalators that lead to the checkin levels reflecting the changes described upthread. Presumably more permanent signage will follow. The one thing I didn't see was if the electronic signage on the roadway leading to C departures was also updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.