Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Pregnant singer Sarah Blackwood and crying {unsecured?} son kicked off flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pregnant singer Sarah Blackwood and crying {unsecured?} son kicked off flight

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
This CTV interview tells a better story......Afraid UA is the problem

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/...-son-1.2395235
Old May 28, 2015, 3:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Another he said she said story. UA won't win with {some} posting here and on the internet tubes. Quite frankly I doubt her version of the story is all that accurate.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 28, 2015 at 5:02 pm Reason: Discuss the issues, not the posters
Old May 28, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by poverty.jet.set
And why does it matter that she is a singer?
Or that she is Canadian?
Old May 28, 2015, 4:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by planemechanic
Or that she is Canadian?
Or that it was a son, not a daughter....
Old May 28, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Am I supposed to know this person?
Old May 28, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
This CTV interview tells a better story......Afraid UA is the problem

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/...-son-1.2395235
In a window seat with a lap child, and UA claims the child was running in the aisle?

If accurate, this story would make me think UA deserves the bad PR here. This is one of those times I'd love to hear what the FA reported to the pilot.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by JBord
In a window seat with a lap child, and UA claims the child was running in the aisle?

If accurate, this story would make me think UA deserves the bad PR here. This is one of those times I'd love to hear what the FA reported to the pilot.
What we do know from looking at the seat map of UA6223 on Wednesday is that seats 21 A and B were unoccupied on the second SFO-YVR flight. Therefore its possible she was in the window seat 21A but there was no one in seat 21B. The male passenger seated next to the mom and son could have been seated in 21C and the story still fits. Mom was in window seat with kid, aisle seat was open. Apologetic passenger was across the aisle. Kid ventured out into the aisle and mom was trying to hold him in place once FA came by and said "control your kid"
Old May 28, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Or that it was a son, not a daughter....
These points are all relevant for those of us who like to speculate.

pregnant -- do we believe a pregger could actually hold a 2 year old on her lap for 2+ hours on an RJ? Also, she would definitely need the WC in that time. How's that going to work with the tantrum child?

son instead of daughter -- let's face it: a boy is typically less cooperative than a girl of the same age

Canadian -- probably more polite/cooperative than one of us. Unless hockey was mentioned, in which case, the flight attendant might find herself body-checked against the lav door

celebrity -- makes us wonder where the celebrity support crew is to help her? Can't afford a seat for the child?
Old May 28, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WR Cage
What we do know from looking at the seat map of UA6223 on Wednesday is that seats 21 A and B were unoccupied on the second SFO-YVR flight. Therefore its possible she was in the window seat 21A but there was no one in seat 21B. The male passenger seated next to the mom and son could have been seated in 21C and the story still fits. Mom was in window seat with kid, aisle seat was open. Apologetic passenger was across the aisle. Kid ventured out into the aisle and mom was trying to hold him in place once FA came by and said "control your kid"
But there was also a nanny. That kid probably crawled across her and was all over the place. Nobody's going to turn the plane around for crying.
That singer, whoever she is, is just looking for her 10 minutes of fame.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Being female and having been 8 months pregnant myself a time or two, I'd like to know how exactly one thinks a **lap** "infant" is supposed to be a success in such a situation. I'm quite positive the child was not in her lap since she doesn't currently HAVE one. Therefore, I believe it when they say he was unrestrained.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by porciuscato
celebrity -- makes us wonder where the celebrity support crew is to help her? Can't afford a seat for the child?
It's why no one knows who she is
Old May 28, 2015, 6:14 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by FWAAA
From the story:

Nothing but a power-hungry regional jet flight attendant and flight crew. But FA gotta win even if it means everyone else loses. Happens every day, somewhere. Face-saving taken to a whole 'nother dimension. Must not ever back down or appear weak.
The reference to the baggage delay, it's an I to flight, the removal of the luggage is required. I've got no knowledge of the actual cause of the removal and wouldn't post if I did, but the intl component complicates the situation with addl bag matching requirements. (The post I'm replying to contained part of a story about the delay to remove bags, which I don't think will be part of this reply.)
Old May 28, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by JBord

I might add that no mother I know would let their kids run around while the plane is taxing, and this woman had a NANNY with her. Come-on, that both of them let the under two year old run around in the isle while the plane was taxing? Its hard for me to believe that anyone believes United here. UA's story is well past the point of believability.

United is "stick it to parents friendly"

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 28, 2015 at 6:33 pm Reason: Discuss the issues, not the other posters
Old May 28, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by spin88
I might add that no mother I know would let their kids run around while the plane is taxing, and this woman had a NANNY with her. Come-on, that both of them let the under two year old run around in the isle while the plane was taxing? Its hard for me to believe that anyone believes United here. UA's story is well past the point of believability.

United is "stick it to parents friendly"
Between the mother and the nanny there were two laps. And then a stranger to climb over. Hard to believe a 2 year old overpowered 3 adults to break free in the aisle.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 28, 2015 at 6:35 pm Reason: Quote updated to reflect Mod edit;Deleted response to deleted content
Old May 28, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
UA managers and employees should have a better innate sense of how dramas like this play out in social media. For every FTer who thinks good riddance, I hate crying children anyway, there are 99 normal human beings out there whose opinion of UA declines further. Perception and spin are reality.
Sky West. I like the way the OP starts by pointing at UA. Nothing to do with them except they sold the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.