Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can I Upgrade a Saver Economy Tik to Economy Plus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

I really tried to find this answer and just got a headache.

If I use miles to get a coach award seat can I pay (or use more miles) to get E+?

Thanks
Old May 25, 2015, 4:33 pm

You can definitely pay to upgrade, standard prices I think. I don't think there is any way to use miles to get in to e+.
Old May 25, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Please don't use the term "upgrade" to characterize moving from Economy to Economy Plus. An upgrade is moving from one class of service up to the next class of service, i.e., from Economy to Business.

Economy Plus is not a separate class of service than Economy. It is, rather, just an Economy seat with extra legroom toward the front of the cabin.

You can pay the fee to obtain an Economy Plus seat assignment if you don't get it for free as a result of having Premier status.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - E+ is not a class of service, simply a Coach seat with a bit more pitch (legroom/recline). If you have status, you may select an E+ seat at time of purchase/checkin (depending on status). If not, you may pay cash for it at any time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.