Youngest Global Services Member?

Old May 27, 15, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
lol, does that even happen?
Has anyone actually ever earned GS with their own money?

And if so, why would anyone spend that much money of their own money on United. That is mind boggling.
Yes, some people do it on their own money. I can't imagine it's very many, but I recall (possibly from one of the linked earlier threads) a young GS who was a freelance photographer...
Old May 28, 15, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, SQ PPS
I made GS when I was 18 - it was back during the financial crisis and I was living in Miami (but based out of ORD) where there aren't many UA elites. My travel patterns didn't change from year to year but I assume many others did, pushing my spend above that year's threshold. I still remember logging into my MP account on Jan 1 and seeing the little status on the left side of the screen had switched from 1K to Global Services! Held onto it for a few years and consistently heard from employees that I was the youngest GS they had ever seen. Eventually left to AA when things got bad after the merger and sad to say I haven't looked back.
Old Nov 6, 16, 7:23 am

Youngest GS qualifier

I met a 27 yo guy yesterday based out of NY who is GS. I imagine he must be one of the youngest? Pretty impressive.
Old Nov 6, 16, 7:32 am

Programs: United MP
Just to be clear me personally and I'm sure it's the case for many people here, I'm impressed when someone gets GS at a young age due to their job. Meaning they are important and valuable enough at that young age that the company pays for the expensive fares.
I think some people whose parents buy them their tickets think there is not a difference. Well there is not one when it comes to UA but there is one in terms of others view of you which I think is what most people are talking about in this thread

Search this Thread
Search Engine: