Married segments on award tickets?

Old May 27, 20, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
Are you able to find dates with LH I space on both ORD-FRA and FRA-PVG, and will the computer give that to you as one through journey?
Yes, US-FRA-PVG, US-ZRH-PVG, US-VIE-PVG etc. are all fine as long as both flights are operated by the same airline.
Old May 27, 20, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium
There is an ongoing problem with LH I (business award) space. Lots of phantom inventory all over the United web site. Several calls to both regular reservations and web support confirmed that although I space is showing up, it cannot be sold and will error out, both using the "regular" system and trying to do a long/manual sell. The space appears and is bookable on LH.com and also appears on ExpertFlyer, so part of me is wondering whether United is again blocking premium partner inventory...
Old May 27, 20, 2:40 pm

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post
The space appears and is bookable on LH.com and also appears on ExpertFlyer, so part of me is wondering whether United is again blocking premium partner inventory...
... or LH isn't releasing seats to partner FF programs...
Old May 27, 20, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post
There is an ongoing problem with LH I (business award) space. Lots of phantom inventory all over the United web site. Several calls to both regular reservations and web support confirmed that although I space is showing up, it cannot be sold and will error out, both using the "regular" system and trying to do a long/manual sell. The space appears and is bookable on LH.com and also appears on ExpertFlyer, so part of me is wondering whether United is again blocking premium partner inventory...
LH has insane married segment control on their awards. No way to know that there isn't simply no I space on ORD-PVG for that LH flight.
Old Jun 30, 20, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Bumping an older thread, but there seems to be some strange married segment logic on awards on LH. Looking at a UA flight in business EWR-FRA, then a LH flight anywhere in Europe. LH is only returning inventory for economy on the short flight, even though I class is widely available in a separate one-way search. Seems to be happening any day I check in November and December.
Old Jul 1, 20, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by amejr999 View Post
Bumping an older thread, but there seems to be some strange married segment logic on awards on LH. Looking at a UA flight in business EWR-FRA, then a LH flight anywhere in Europe. LH is only returning inventory for economy on the short flight, even though I class is widely available in a separate one-way search. Seems to be happening any day I check in November and December.
that has been happening for a long time. Same thing with NH where I/I works but O returns just a combo with X. You can generally book these over the phone. LH has some married segment logic though; EF should show this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: