Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Married segments on award tickets?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by dkc192
Are you able to find dates with LH I space on both ORD-FRA and FRA-PVG, and will the computer give that to you as one through journey?
Yes, US-FRA-PVG, US-ZRH-PVG, US-VIE-PVG etc. are all fine as long as both flights are operated by the same airline.
Old May 27, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
There is an ongoing problem with LH I (business award) space. Lots of phantom inventory all over the United web site. Several calls to both regular reservations and web support confirmed that although I space is showing up, it cannot be sold and will error out, both using the "regular" system and trying to do a long/manual sell. The space appears and is bookable on LH.com and also appears on ExpertFlyer, so part of me is wondering whether United is again blocking premium partner inventory...
Old May 27, 2020, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by FormerLurker
The space appears and is bookable on LH.com and also appears on ExpertFlyer, so part of me is wondering whether United is again blocking premium partner inventory...
... or LH isn't releasing seats to partner FF programs...
Old May 27, 2020, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FormerLurker
There is an ongoing problem with LH I (business award) space. Lots of phantom inventory all over the United web site. Several calls to both regular reservations and web support confirmed that although I space is showing up, it cannot be sold and will error out, both using the "regular" system and trying to do a long/manual sell. The space appears and is bookable on LH.com and also appears on ExpertFlyer, so part of me is wondering whether United is again blocking premium partner inventory...
LH has insane married segment control on their awards. No way to know that there isn't simply no I space on ORD-PVG for that LH flight.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Bumping an older thread, but there seems to be some strange married segment logic on awards on LH. Looking at a UA flight in business EWR-FRA, then a LH flight anywhere in Europe. LH is only returning inventory for economy on the short flight, even though I class is widely available in a separate one-way search. Seems to be happening any day I check in November and December.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by amejr999
Bumping an older thread, but there seems to be some strange married segment logic on awards on LH. Looking at a UA flight in business EWR-FRA, then a LH flight anywhere in Europe. LH is only returning inventory for economy on the short flight, even though I class is widely available in a separate one-way search. Seems to be happening any day I check in November and December.
that has been happening for a long time. Same thing with NH where I/I works but O returns just a combo with X. You can generally book these over the phone. LH has some married segment logic though; EF should show this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:43 am

Award space available on each flight but not both

Simply stated:
RTB-IAH has XN9, IAH-AUS has XN9, but RTB-AUS has XN0 and so doesn't price as a saver award. All United metal, valid layover.

From search the forum, it seems this has something to do with married segment logic? But I'm not clear on what if anything can be done to work around the problem. Thank you
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Not sure there is anything that can be "done" about it. If you really need it, you can book them as 2 separate awards (Multi-city).
Might be worth it to try anyway, and see where it prices out.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Not much you can do, unfortunately nowadays you can only get what the system shows you, and agents can't override it. Very frustrating.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BThumme
Not much you can do, unfortunately nowadays you can only get what the system shows you, and agents can't override it. Very frustrating.
agents can override if there is an issue displaying things correctly (plenty of this these days). They cannot override married segments which is an inventory mgt decision by UA.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Trying to book some business saver award tickets for next summer.

I can see availability at 75k (one way) for DEN--XXX--YYY (where XXX and YYY are both star alliance hubs)

The DEN-XXX flight doesn't show bookable at all at any price if I try to book it standalone. Married segment logic? If we weren't going to check a bag, I'd just no-show XXX-YYY, but I'm guessing they won't willingly short check my bag.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by bmr12
I can see availability at 75k (one way) for DEN--XXX--YYY (where XXX and YYY are both star alliance hubs)

The DEN-XXX flight doesn't show bookable at all at any price if I try to book it standalone. Married segment logic?
Assuming DEN-XXX is operated by an LH Group carrier, definitely.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by findark
Assuming DEN-XXX is operated by an LH Group carrier, definitely.
Yes. So bizarre since LH flies DEN-YYY non-stop too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.