Married segments on award tickets?

Old May 27, 20, 2:17 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Silver
Posts: 1,083
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
Are you able to find dates with LH I space on both ORD-FRA and FRA-PVG, and will the computer give that to you as one through journey?
Yes, US-FRA-PVG, US-ZRH-PVG, US-VIE-PVG etc. are all fine as long as both flights are operated by the same airline.
blug is offline  
Old May 27, 20, 2:28 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 260
There is an ongoing problem with LH I (business award) space. Lots of phantom inventory all over the United web site. Several calls to both regular reservations and web support confirmed that although I space is showing up, it cannot be sold and will error out, both using the "regular" system and trying to do a long/manual sell. The space appears and is bookable on LH.com and also appears on ExpertFlyer, so part of me is wondering whether United is again blocking premium partner inventory...
FormerLurker is offline  
Old May 27, 20, 2:40 pm
  #153  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Posts: 1,650
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post
The space appears and is bookable on LH.com and also appears on ExpertFlyer, so part of me is wondering whether United is again blocking premium partner inventory...
... or LH isn't releasing seats to partner FF programs...
WindowSeatFlyer is offline  
Old May 27, 20, 9:24 pm
  #154  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: MSP
Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Posts: 11,355
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post
There is an ongoing problem with LH I (business award) space. Lots of phantom inventory all over the United web site. Several calls to both regular reservations and web support confirmed that although I space is showing up, it cannot be sold and will error out, both using the "regular" system and trying to do a long/manual sell. The space appears and is bookable on LH.com and also appears on ExpertFlyer, so part of me is wondering whether United is again blocking premium partner inventory...
LH has insane married segment control on their awards. No way to know that there isn't simply no I space on ORD-PVG for that LH flight.
findark is offline  
Old Jun 30, 20, 9:38 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: Marriott Plat
Posts: 903
Bumping an older thread, but there seems to be some strange married segment logic on awards on LH. Looking at a UA flight in business EWR-FRA, then a LH flight anywhere in Europe. LH is only returning inventory for economy on the short flight, even though I class is widely available in a separate one-way search. Seems to be happening any day I check in November and December.
amejr999 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 20, 9:07 am
  #156  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 26,374
Originally Posted by amejr999 View Post
Bumping an older thread, but there seems to be some strange married segment logic on awards on LH. Looking at a UA flight in business EWR-FRA, then a LH flight anywhere in Europe. LH is only returning inventory for economy on the short flight, even though I class is widely available in a separate one-way search. Seems to be happening any day I check in November and December.
that has been happening for a long time. Same thing with NH where I/I works but O returns just a combo with X. You can generally book these over the phone. LH has some married segment logic though; EF should show this.
cfischer is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: