Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does UA/MP have a (iPhone) Passbook member's card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does UA/MP have a (iPhone) Passbook member's card?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
It does now! New iOS app update added Wallet membership card.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by rustykettel
It does now! New iOS app update added Wallet membership card.
Finally!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K *G; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Not sure if it matters but the Passbook cards don't have the *G logo on it. I assume that means something for *A lounge access.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA GS
This is kinda cool just cause it looks cool, but I'm not sure how useful it is unless it's somehow able to geolocate for an airport. I just see it being buried among my old boarding passes.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
So dumb they would not include the Star Gold logo on the passbook card.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
The Premier Silver card looks very nice with the AMEX Platinum Card above it in my Apple Wallet Same color scheme so looks cool together!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
So dumb they would not include the Star Gold logo on the passbook card.
Particularly when there’s plenty of space for the Star Gold logo.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by eklapper
Not sure if it matters but the Passbook cards don't have the *G logo on it. I assume that means something for *A lounge access.
Nor does it denote Million Miler status which is on the physical card and the card within the app itself. Weird.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:14 pm

I'm really happy to finally have this option, since scanning the MP card is faster than typing out PNR at the kiosks. However, it is very strange that *A status (just *S for me) isn't noted anywhere on it.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
So I added my MP card a long time ago to my apple wallet. I wanted to update the card (I recently hit platinum instead of my usual gold) and I cant find any way in the United app to do this now. Did they bury it somewhere? When you go to your card in the United app it just shows it but there is no option to save it to your wallet.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by RoyMan
So I added my MP card a long time ago to my apple wallet. I wanted to update the card (I recently hit platinum instead of my usual gold) and I cant find any way in the United app to do this now. Did they bury it somewhere? When you go to your card in the United app it just shows it but there is no option to save it to your wallet.
You need to delete your old card in your Wallet and than you're going to be able to add your new card to your Wallet.
drewguy likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:21 pm

Sometimes in Wallet, if you click the i on the card and turn Automatic Updates on and off, it will update the card. My UA card doesn't need to update, but I did this on my Hilton card right now and it updated my points balance, which displays on that card.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:02 am

Tried the turn off/on auto updates and that did not work.

Originally Posted by Marschel
You need to delete your old card in your Wallet and than you're going to be able to add your new card to your Wallet.
This does NOT work. I just deleted my card and went back into the United app to the card to try to add it...no add to passbook button still. Now I don't have one at all...ugh
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:44 am

Weird...went back into the app a little bit later (had to check into a flight) and I checked it and the add to passbook button showed up. Don't know why it wasn't immediate but at least it works.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by RoyMan
This does NOT work. I just deleted my card and went back into the United app to the card to try to add it...no add to passbook button still. Now I don't have one at all...ugh
That's strange, it worked for me the other day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.