Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't eat the UC Skittles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Don't eat the UC Skittles

Just saw something amazing. Some guy threw his cup of Skittles back into the bowl. Guess he thought they were m and m's and didn't like them , but really,
Who raised you? Wolves?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Maybe he is a proponent of catch and release
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
I agree its gross and most people would not feel comfortable with it.

However, honestly, there is no necessary reason his bowl/hands harbor any more bacteria than the skittles container. Perhaps he washed his hands well after his last bathroom trip, but the club/food service employee did not?

Or look at it another way. You eat skittles with your hands. Every surface around you has been touched by thousands in between cleanings. Some places, like door knobs, credit card pens, etc, can get touched by tens or hundreds of thousands without cleaning. Residue from sneezes, coughs, etc coats everything. Most people, despite washing their hands, leave the bathroom with fecal matter somewhere on their hands or nails unless they scrub like a surgeon.

So basically, unless you always wash/sanitize your hands immediately before eating, this is not a big deal on a philosophical level. Some people don't like to waste food and aren't bothered by being in a public place and sharing germs.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I genuinely thought this post would just say "Skittles are not catered in the United Club. If you see a loose bowl of public Skittles, please do not eat them."
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by LANDJ999
Just saw something amazing. Some guy threw his cup of Skittles back into the bowl. Guess he thought they were m and m's and didn't like them , but really,
Who raised you? Wolves?
haha the hamster feeder is in the back closet, laughing!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
kinda reminds me of the gummy bears:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...SIN=B008JELLCA
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL PM
Didn't even know they had skittles in the UC...
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Didn't even know they had skittles in the UC...
Its one of the "new" food offerings.

They must have got a deal on factory seconds because they are ... for lack of a better term... Stale.

Probably why they were returned to sender by the offending individual.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Did you confront or report them?

I have a pre-packaged reaction to people doing stupid crap like this at buffets or other public spaces with food, and it goes like this (in a loud voice): "are you out of your damn mind??", followed by me fetching an employee to remove whatever food or container the damn fool in question just ruined or contaminated, and if the offense is bad enough, I'll ask for the offending person to be removed.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA1MM*GL/1K, AA, BnVy PlatL, HH Silver,
It can't be any worse than all the grubby hands reaching all over the cookie tray and various other unwrapped items in the ORD B club. Never thought I could be turned off from cookies

Call me jaded, but seriously who puts out a bowl of unwrapped anything in a public space? There's a reason Tylenol and every other thing you buy comes in a tamper resistant package...and it's not to keep it fresh.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver
It's simple. Pre-packaged food at the UC can be loaded in bulk into backpacks, bags, etc. and taken out of the club. This costs United money. Open containers of hummus, etc. can not be conveniently loaded in backpacks and removed thereby saving United money. Saving money is something cares about a lot.

Whether open or pre-packaged is more likely to lead to the spread of disease is not something United cares about.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by geo979
It's simple. Pre-packaged food at the UC can be loaded in bulk into backpacks, bags, etc. and taken out of the club. This costs United money. Open containers of hummus, etc. can not be conveniently loaded in backpacks and removed thereby saving United money. Saving money is something cares about a lot.

Whether open or pre-packaged is more likely to lead to the spread of disease is not something United cares about.
Hope they don't extend that thinking to the bananas

PMUA had open cheese and veggies. So it isn't new.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Probably a Seahawk fan realizing it wasnt a Marshawn Lynch approved batch of Seattle Mix Skittles.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mtndave47
Probably a Seahawk fan realizing it wasnt a Marshawn Lynch approved batch of Seattle Mix Skittles.
He should have handed them to Marshawn instead of passing them.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:11 am

I have a pre-packaged reaction to people doing stupid crap like this at buffets or other public spaces with food, and it goes like this (in a loud voice): "are you out of your damn mind??", followed by me fetching an employee to remove whatever food or container the damn fool in question just ruined or contaminated, and if the offense is bad enough, I'll ask for the offending person to be removed.
Isn't this likely to escalate into a shouting match (or worse) that gets both people tossed out in addition to being taped by a bunch of curious onlookers? Most people don't react well to being asked "are you of your damned mind?!" in a loud voice, especially by someone they'll perceive as a nosy stranger who needs to mind his or her own business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.