Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Thanks for the tips. I've seen First class for $1,500 CAD r/t the past few days, so prices have definitely been reasonable.
Just remember to bring a travel pillow and blanket, if you're travelling in F. LIH to mainland flights are lie-flat, usually, but no more pillow or blanket offered.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 9, 2018 at 2:47 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I find it interesting that so many people seem to prefer the 757 to the 777. I hated the 757 HNL-DEN, it never really felt like First Class to me. I was impressed with the 777 (other than the catering from DEN which is a whole other story); it's not like flying Business or First Class internationally but nothing domestic is.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mmack
Just remember to bring a travel pillow and blanket, if you're travelling in F. LIH to mainland flights are lie-flat, usually, but no more pillow or blanket offered.
On a night flight in a lay flat and no pillow or blanket? Sheesh...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 25, 2018 at 2:56 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
I find it interesting that so many people seem to prefer the 757 to the 777. I hated the 757 HNL-DEN, it never really felt like First Class to me. I was impressed with the 777 (other than the catering from DEN which is a whole other story); it's not like flying Business or First Class internationally but nothing domestic is.
The 752s and 772 have essentially the same seats and same carting (when working) in a smaller, more intimate cabin with no 4 middle seats. Seems hardly a contest.

The 753s are a different story.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Flying ORD to HNL on Feb 18th and then back on the 27th. Last time there were blankets and pillows in F. Is this still true?

Thanks, Jackie
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JackieC2
Flying ORD to HNL on Feb 18th and then back on the 27th. Last time there were blankets and pillows in F. Is this still true?
Maybe, maybe not. Let us know.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:49 am

Thanks, Jackie
As of mid December it was true for me. I had an LAX-HNL and HNL-ORD leg, both being lie flats and offering blankets and pillows.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM

Thanks, Jackie
We were told that they were not loading pillows between SFO and LIH. For a longer flight, who knows? The only thing consistent about United the days is inconsistency.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:45 pm

ORD to HNL First Class reviews?

Hi all - Anyone flown ORD to HNL recently and can review First Class? Or any reviews from OGG to ORD First Class?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K

Today, 10 February 2018, Seat 3A, 772, UA 1509, SFO-HNL. pillow and duvet. 72 people on upgrade waitlist!.

The lie-flat seats IAH-SFO on a 752 today did not have any pillows of blankets.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Feb 10, 2018 at 5:11 pm
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
SFO-HNL. pillow and duvet. 72 people on upgrade waitlist!

Seems like a lifetime ago this was an easy Silver CPU.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee

Seems like a lifetime ago this was an easy Silver CPU.
Heck, I even met a few non-revenue UA employees in years past...

Just checked again. 79 on waitlist. Maybe because it’s a Saturday. A day I usually don’t fly to Hawaii.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:02 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

Heck, I even met a few non-revenue UA employees in years past...

Just checked again. 79 on waitlist. Maybe because it’s a Saturday. A day I usually don’t fly to Hawaii.
I'm going in December and they're skimping on P space. Had to buy some Z.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CPLD
Hi all - Anyone flown ORD to HNL recently and can review First Class? Or any reviews from OGG to ORD First Class?

Thanks!
Hawaii, from a service point of view, is just domestic first class service. However, there are different types of aircraft used depending on the route. For your routes, UA operates 772 with lie-flat seats. For more on that particular aircraft, see
Lie Flats to Hawaii

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...102e-234e.html

And will move this to a generic thread on first class to Hawaii -- but that thread will cover both standard domestic aircraft and the lie-flat aircraft UA uses for Hawaii.

Is there a particular ascept you are most interested in?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ari
I'm going in December and they're skimping on P space. Had to buy some Z.
P fares to Hawaii are very available. If you restrict yourself to specific days (Saturdays) or some peak times of year, or book late, you might run into more Z fares. 2nd half of December’ll cost you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.