Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Originally Posted by mmack
Yes. The Company Store down travel pillow rolls up neatly, is very comfortable. There is also a synthetic option.

I've had mine for probably 20 years and still going strong. Its also good for not-so-great pillows in hotels and guest rooms.
Thanks mmack! I'll check them out.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise. Plane swap on UA 706 tomorrow (OGG-LAX) to 757 lie flat. ^
Hey LAXOGG was just looking at UA website still shows 757 300. Hope you're right and get that lie flat!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
In over half a dozen flights on the 752 IAH-BOG, they never had pillows.
Hmm, well I've got one coming up again in 2 weeks so I'll see. Haven't had the 752 since I think Dec or Jan so its possible my memory is faulty.

Edit: I have a routine dating back when I didn't fly as much of taking a photo and posting a little thing on social networking whenever I flew. Kept on doing it... What's in the photo/post is pretty random, but sometimes there's some good info in it! 12/21/16 BOG-IAH had both Polaris pillow and blanket, 11/29/16 had at least a pillow. 7/2/16 BOG-IAH had an amenity kit which we mostly don't get (I think I took a photo because it was that metal Olympics one that tends to get squished).

Last edited by thesun; Mar 31, 2017 at 3:45 pm
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thesun
Edit: I have a routine dating back when I didn't fly as much of taking a photo and posting a little thing on social networking whenever I flew. Kept on doing it... What's in the photo/post is pretty random, but sometimes there's some good info in it! 12/21/16 BOG-IAH had both Polaris pillow and blanket, 11/29/16 had at least a pillow.
Those are more recent than my experiences, so perhaps they've upgraded the amenities. Would be most welcome.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
What are the current pillows and blankets on ORD-OGG and HNL-ORD? These are 777s with old UA-style lie-flat seats (albeit in slaveship 8-across config).
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
What are the current pillows and blankets on ORD-OGG and HNL-ORD? These are 777s with old UA-style lie-flat seats (albeit in slaveship 8-across config).
Both should be Polaris pillow and duvet, if catered correctly.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
LOL at the "slaveship" name. That's a new one.

For the 772 from LAX - HNL we got the scratchy thin blankets and pillows.

Hopefully it will be different in a couple weeks when we fly that route again.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
I was looking to fly LAX/SFO to LIH/OGG.
Given that the LIH flights seem to have always lie flat first class that seems appealing.
Do OGG get frequently lie flat also?
Was checking dates in Sept.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Rumples
...For the 772 from LAX - HNL we got the scratchy thin blankets and pillows...
I was on the LAX-HNL 772 May 17th. It was the Polaris pillow and nice duvet.

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
I was looking to fly LAX/SFO to LIH/OGG.
Given that the LIH flights seem to have always lie flat first class that seems appealing. Do OGG get frequently lie flat also? Was checking dates in Sept.
Lihue gets the lie-flats because the 752 is needed for the range and short runway. Maui only occasionally gets a lie-flat out of either LAX or SFO, but looks like September has some 752s out of SFO for 4:30pm flight. I also noticed a 772 SFO-OGG, but I forget when.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I was on the LAX-HNL 772 May 17th. It was the Polaris pillow and nice duvet. ...
Ditto for SFO-HNL-SFO on 772 earlier in June.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Ditto for SFO-HNL-SFO on 772 earlier in June.
Did they fit out HNL-SFO with Polaris blankets too? IME I've had nice pillow and blanket flying non-PS flatbed ex-SFO/EWR (ie when they have the amenities anyway for PS), and never ex-IAD/similar non-PS hub, even when the plane has lieflats.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sfo789
Did they fit out HNL-SFO with Polaris blankets too?
I would expect so. The 772s to Hawaii have gotten the international business class pillow and duvet for the last several years. It's the 752s that were hit or miss.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sfo789
Did they fit out HNL-SFO with Polaris blankets too? ....
For the 772 mid-day flight I was on, yes.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by thesun
Hmm, well I've got one coming up again in 2 weeks so I'll see. Haven't had the 752 since I think Dec or Jan so its possible my memory is faulty.

Edit: I have a routine dating back when I didn't fly as much of taking a photo and posting a little thing on social networking whenever I flew. Kept on doing it... What's in the photo/post is pretty random, but sometimes there's some good info in it! 12/21/16 BOG-IAH had both Polaris pillow and blanket, 11/29/16 had at least a pillow. 7/2/16 BOG-IAH had an amenity kit which we mostly don't get (I think I took a photo because it was that metal Olympics one that tends to get squished).
Off topic but I do the same, I keep every single ticket and take a pic of every plane!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Platinum
Looks like our UA724 HNL-SFO flight today got swapped from the 772 to the 777-300ER! After the malfunctions with the old UA biz class seats, I hope the new Polaris seats work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.