Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 26, 18, 3:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 18, 15, 6:19 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
That's not correct. A K on LH earns nothing, regardless of ticket stock.
I thought that any *A flight on 016 stock earned 100% PQM + 5-11x RDM. Is that not correct?
Old Sep 18, 15, 6:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SeoxyS View Post
I thought that any *A flight on 016 stock earned 100% PQM + 5-11x RDM. Is that not correct?
See the footnote under Exclusions to earning award miles and Premier qualifying credits (PQM/PQS/PQD) Additional Conditions

Codeshare and partner flights: If you purchase a ticket for a flight that is marketed by United but operated by another airline (known as a codeshare flight), the fare class that appears on your ticket may differ from the fare class that the operating airline uses to determine flight miles earned. If a partner flight is not eligible to earn award miles, then it is also not eligible to earn Premier qualifying miles, segments or dollars.
and this post
Originally Posted by akirby9 View Post
As a loyal United flyer for several years, I was shocked to find that two recent flights ticketed on United but flown on Lufthansa received NO miles. I've flown both these routes in the past and had no issues. Sometimes the intra-European flights have been an issue, but I have always received mileage for ovserseas international flights.

Ticket information as follows (both start with 016, meaning ticketed through United):
IST MUC 4/15/2015 K
MUC BOS 4/15/2015 K

After several exchanges with customer service, this is the response I received:
"""""Thanks for participating in the MileagePlus® program!

Not all Lufthansa fare classes are eligible for earnings. Fare classes not listed on the Lufthansa earnings chart are not eligible for mileage credit, regardless of where the ticket is purchased. Also, some classes of service offer less than 100% mileage.

For complete accrual details for Lufthansa flights, please visit the Airline Partners and Global Alliancespage and click on the Lufthansa logo."""""
Old Sep 18, 15, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rebech34 View Post
Greetings,
I found a very low fare between IAH - TLV this November with LH (through United.com) K class.
Those are cheap fares. One of the flights I found was IAH-MUC-TLV. With IAH-MUC on UA and MUC-TLV on LH all K fares. What is interesting is that the new UA.bomb indicates that even the IAH-MUC leg doesn't accrue mileage which doesn't seem right.
Old Sep 18, 15, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM View Post
Those are cheap fares. One of the flights I found was IAH-MUC-TLV. With IAH-MUC on UA and MUC-TLV on LH all K fares. What is interesting is that the new UA.bomb indicates that even the IAH-MUC leg doesn't accrue mileage which doesn't seem right.
common problem -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...t-removed.html
Actual posting seems to work fine, but the reservation info is frequently wrong.
Old Dec 27, 15, 12:23 pm

I am considering booking a ticket directly on LH Premium Economy. The fare is cheaper than Economy fare on UA. I am UA Gold so I would get E+ but the Premium Economy is much better than E+. I am not concerned about meeting the PQD requirement for Gold and the bonus miles are not a big concern to me as I usually have to book the cheapest fare. What else am I missing?
Old Dec 28, 15, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by norenewa View Post
I am considering booking a ticket directly on LH Premium Economy. The fare is cheaper than Economy fare on UA. I am UA Gold so I would get E+ but the Premium Economy is much better than E+. I am not concerned about meeting the PQD requirement for Gold and the bonus miles are not a big concern to me as I usually have to book the cheapest fare. What else am I missing?
8 x fare > 200% miles flown? That's really the only difference if PQDs are not important. Prem Eco hill hardly be the cheapest fare
Old Dec 30, 15, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by norenewa View Post
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
8 x fare > 200% miles flown? That's really the only difference if PQDs are not important. Prem Eco hill hardly be the cheapest fare
LH Premium economy nets between 100%-150% RDMs. On some occasions (low fare season) you will get more RDMs this way than UA economy or LH on 016 stock.

You will miss out on MM qualification miles. Personally I would go for LH PE.
Old Dec 31, 15, 7:59 pm

Lufthansa Fares (LH) earning post March 2015 - some fares 75%,50% and even 0%

Thanks for info and advice all. It is much appreciated.
Old Dec 31, 15, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm used to flying BF on UA. But the flights I'm looking at for my Greece trip 1st week of May show Lufthansa Business Class as cheaper than, or comparable to, UA BF. Anyone know which is nicer? And if I DO buy Business Class on Lufthansa, do I get the same miles as a BF UA ticket? I've heard a lot of different answers on this.
Old Jan 1, 16, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by thaliajen View Post
I'm used to flying BF on UA. But the flights I'm looking at for my Greece trip 1st week of May show Lufthansa Business Class as cheaper than, or comparable to, UA BF. Anyone know which is nicer? ...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...15-thread.html
... And if I DO buy Business Class on Lufthansa, do I get the same miles as a BF UA ticket? I've heard a lot of different answers on this.
Are you asking about RDMs, PQMs or PQDs? You can find the answer at
UA earnings
LH MP earnings
Old Jan 1, 16, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm used to flying BF on UA. But the flights I'm looking at for my Greece trip 1st week of May show Lufthansa Business Class as cheaper than, or comparable to, UA BF. Anyone know which is nicer? And if I DO buy Business Class on Lufthansa, do I get the same miles as a BF UA ticket? I've heard a lot of different answers on this.
in business class it is pretty much the same either way assuming you are booking on UA ticket stock.
Old Jan 1, 16, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
in business class it is pretty much the same either way assuming you are booking on UA ticket stock.
How about in Economy? Is there any general rule of thumb on going with UA versus LH ticket stock? I am mostly concerned about PQM.
Old Jan 9, 16, 2:51 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Earning UA elite qualifying miles through flying LH

Have a quick question on this: I recently notice that when I try to book flights directly on LH or on expedia etc., a lot of fare classes are K classes and based on UA earning charts, those flights do not accrue mileage with UA. However, one of my recent experiences (dec 2015) was that I purchased return flights MUC-FRA-RIX all on K, and then when I actually flew, fare classes suddenly became V and Q (MUC-FRA-RIX on V and RIX-FRA-MUC on Q) and both flights actually accrued mileage (both earned miles and elite qualifying miles) with UA. Any ideas how this could be possible?

Now I am looking to book flights MUC-FRA (4/28), FRA-ICN (4/29), PVG-MUC (5/8) and when I search on LH or expedia, both sources show that all fare classes with LH are K classes. Should I go ahead making the booking and hope all flights will accrue mileage with UA?
Old Jan 9, 16, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tommys888 View Post
Have a quick question on this: I recently notice that when I try to book flights directly on LH or on expedia etc., a lot of fare classes are K classes and based on UA earning charts, those flights do not accrue mileage with UA. However, one of my recent experiences (dec 2015) was that I purchased return flights MUC-FRA-RIX all on K, and then when I actually flew, fare classes suddenly became V and Q (MUC-FRA-RIX on V and RIX-FRA-MUC on Q) and both flights actually accrued mileage (both earned miles and elite qualifying miles) with UA. Any ideas how this could be possible?

Now I am looking to book flights MUC-FRA (4/28), FRA-ICN (4/29), PVG-MUC (5/8) and when I search on LH or expedia, both sources show that all fare classes with LH are K classes. Should I go ahead making the booking and hope all flights will accrue mileage with UA?
Not sure what happened there with the original K-class ticket, but these DO NOT earn any miles! You got really lucky, perhaps in a re-booking someone forgot to re-adjust the booking classes.
If you book K-class on LH you should expect zero miles.
Old Jan 9, 16, 10:28 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Tommys888 View Post

K-class on LH does not earn any UA miles. Fly LX if you want to protect your earnings.

Keep in mind, if you're shooting for UA status, you need at least 4 UA-metal segments.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: