Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 26, 18, 3:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 13, 15, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by akirby9 View Post
Sometimes the intra-European flights have been an issue, but I have always received mileage for ovserseas international flights.
I guess they've finally closed off that overland/overseas loophole for international flights
Old Aug 13, 15, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by neutral View Post
I have tried a few flight itineraries and I can literally not even replicate a K class fare now, so how am I to trust any of the non United legs to be reward eligible?
If the credit is important, you call LH after the ticket is booked to see what it has booked into; if you don't like it, you have 24 hours from purchase to cancel.

This has been discussed here many times. It's one of the risks of booking codeshares.

Should UA do a better job of disclosure? Yes. But K is the absolute cheapest fare LH sells, and they have decided they're not going to give any mileage credit for it. You can argue until you're blue in the face. It's UA's program, they make the rules.
Old Aug 13, 15, 3:42 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
I have a strange situation where I had originally booked M class on 016 ticket on United from PDX to VENice. Two legs were Lufthansa flights (united codeshare numbers), SFO-FRA, then FRA to VEN.

Subsequently, Global Services bumped me down off a GPU in Biz to Brussels a few weeks early to make room for a last minute African potentate taking over 1st. Part of the compensation was to facilitate the GPU being applied to the later SFO-VEN segments.

To facilitate this, the GS agent changed the Lufthansa segments to Luft ticketing (M class to I and Y) and Luft flights numbers (from United code-share numbers).

Ultimately, none of the Lufthansa flights were credited for miles or PDM/PDQ. The etickets (both original receipt and boarding pass) won't enter on online credit, and submission to 1K Voice simply was passed on to MP without any response or resolution.
Old Aug 13, 15, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
If the credit is important, you call LH after the ticket is booked to see what it has booked into; if you don't like it, you have 24 hours from purchase to cancel.

This has been discussed here many times. It's one of the risks of booking codeshares.

Should UA do a better job of disclosure? Yes. But K is the absolute cheapest fare LH sells, and they have decided they're not going to give any mileage credit for it. You can argue until you're blue in the face. It's UA's program, they make the rules.
agreed. What I don't understand is that the OP claims to have read the rules before but then didn't think it was necessary to understand what 'not all booking classes earn miles' may be for LH.
Yes, UA should clarify this, but they don't have to.
Now, for several other partners, the 'not all classes earn miles' is NOT there (e.g. TK) and here you have justifiable grief that should be brought up to the DOT or other agencies.
Old Sep 3, 15, 7:49 am

Earning PQM on Lufthansa

Hi,

Dumb question which I should know the answer to. I'm flying Lufthansa EWR-FRA, and assumed I will be receiving PQM credit for this. Is this the case or will i just earn regular miles ?
Old Sep 3, 15, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
You will earn both.
Old Sep 3, 15, 8:22 am

You will get 100% of the PQM's (possibly more depending on the fare class you purchased).

Award miles will vary depending if it is a "016" ticket and/or the fare class.

More info: United Mileage Accrual
Old Sep 3, 15, 9:17 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Well, unfortunately it's not that clear of an answer. It depends on whether booked on United (016 ticket) or not, and the LH booking class. See discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ight=lufthansa
Old Sep 3, 15, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DrewGzy View Post
You will get 100% of the PQM's (possibly more depending on the fare class you purchased).
That's not correct. A K on LH earns nothing, regardless of ticket stock.
Old Sep 6, 15, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gusd View Post
Well, unfortunately it's not that clear of an answer. It depends on whether booked on United (016 ticket) or not, and the LH booking class. See discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ight=lufthansa
and that is unfortunately the wrong answer.

You get exactly the same amount of PQM whether you have a 016 ticket or not.
Old Sep 6, 15, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
and that is unfortunately the wrong answer.

You get exactly the same amount of PQM whether you have a 016 ticket or not.
The answer was to the poster mentioning both PQM and "regular miles". Thouh not for PQM, who issues the ticket does matter for the latter.
Old Sep 6, 15, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I see that UA lists LH's Premium Economy fares accrual info on .bomb but is it possible to buy a PE fare from UA?
Old Sep 6, 15, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
That's not correct. A K on LH earns nothing, regardless of ticket stock.
Sorry for the bad info - I never realized that and have just been lucky to have avoided any "K" class tickets.
Old Sep 18, 15, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Millage accural on LH K class

Greetings,
I found a very low fare between IAH - TLV this November with LH (through United.com) K class.

1. I assume that I will still earn full PQM for this flight (I'm a 1K)?
2. Will i earn "regular" miles on that flight since it is a K class or, IOW, since it is a 016 ticket the fare class has no significance??

Thanks!
R

Last edited by rebech34; Sep 18, 15 at 4:11 pm
Old Sep 18, 15, 5:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rebech34 View Post
I found a very low fare between IAH - TLV this November with LH (through United.com) K class.

1. I assume that I will still earn full PQM for this flight (I'm a 1K)?
2. Will i earn "regular" miles on that flight since it is a K class or, IOW, since it is a 016 ticket the fare class has no significance?? .....
K fares on LH operated flights earn no milesage of any type, not even if booked on 016 ticket stock.

Codeshare and partner flights: If you purchase a ticket for a flight that is marketed by United but operated by another airline (known as a codeshare flight), the fare class that appears on your ticket may differ from the fare class that the operating airline uses to determine flight miles earned. If a partner flight is not eligible to earn award miles, then it is also not eligible to earn Premier qualifying miles, segments or dollars.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: