Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 26, 18, 3:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 18, 15, 4:38 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat., UA 1K; Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Your intuition is good. UA is having trouble with this newly provided info -- fortunately post-flight posting seem OK.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...or-flying.html
Yes I logged in and found that info which showed the higher amount after being surprised by the info in the email for the booking (which was done with a customer rep since the online booking system kept failing at the final step for some obscure reason, having to do with the quality of their IT systems again ;-)
Old Apr 23, 15, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
I'm also a bit confused. Can you help me?

I just booked an 8 segment trip on United's website. Here is what the receipt says:

Flight From/To Award Miles PQM PQS PQD
UA620 ORD-IAD 715 589 1 65
UA132 IAD-MUC 5115 4267 1 465
LH117 MUC-FRA 242 500 1 22
LH1208 FRA-BSL Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit
LH1211 BSL-FRA Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit
LH1008 FRA-BRU Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit
UA998 BRU-EWR 2585 3681 1 235
UA1105 EWR-ORD 2024 719 1 184

(sorry for the FT auto spacing)

The LH flight I am getting credit for is a Lufthansa T class.
The LH flights I am not getting credit for are a LH Cityline T class, a LH Cityline K class and a LH K class.

Does it make sense that a LH T class gets credit, but a LH K class does not and that LH Cityline K and T classes do not?

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 15, 2:31 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Cityline is a LH subsidiary that operates the flight in wetlease. For all practical purposes this is a LH flight.
Old Apr 23, 15, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Cityline is a LH subsidiary that operates the flight in wetlease. For all practical purposes this is a LH flight.
Thanks; so should I receive UA credit for the flights?
Old Apr 23, 15, 4:00 pm

I just checked out the link provided by WineCountryUA in post #30. Lots of people of having this issue, but it seem to be getting the proper credit after flying.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 23, 15 at 9:03 pm Reason: updated post reference after thread split
Old Apr 24, 15, 1:28 am

Programs: KE MC, UA Gold, Starwood Plat / Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Zero UA Mileage Credit for paid 'B' fare on LH?

I flew ORD-FRA-RUH in January on LH with a paid 'B' fare which I upgraded using UA miles. Following the flight, the miles (premiere qualifying or award) never posted to my account. I twice used UA's online form to request mileage, but never heard a response or saw the miles. I then sent a request directly to mileage plus customer service, including a scan of my BPs and receipt. I got a response with a link to the page showing United's policy for earning miles on LH and a vague response basically saying if LH wasn't giving me the miles then I must not be eligible. Last I checked, 'B' fares were still eligible, or is this a new feature of mileage plus?

Any suggestions on how to get credit?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 24, 15 at 1:40 am Reason: clean-up after merge
Old Apr 24, 15, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Expat415 View Post
I flew ORD-FRA-RUH in January on LH with a paid 'B' fare which I upgraded using UA miles. Following the flight, the miles (premiere qualifying or award) never posted to my account. I twice used UA's online form to request mileage, but never heard a response or saw the miles. I then sent a request directly to mileage plus customer service, including a scan of my BPs and receipt. I got a response with a link to the page showing United's policy for earning miles on LH and a vague response basically saying if LH wasn't giving me the miles then I must not be eligible. Last I checked, 'B' fares were still eligible, or is this a new feature of mileage plus?

Any suggestions on how to get credit?
Call mpsc and ask for a supervisor.
Old Apr 24, 15, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K
Jeez, you have to scroll all the way down to "Premier qualification" to see the mileage-based % of distance rules for PQM accrual. The UA partner earnings page is kind of a mess!
Old May 22, 15, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by SVANAND View Post
I will try to upgrade the fare class for the K class ticket.
Is there any way to upgrade the class to (for instance) S, T, L without paying the $300 fee (IIRC) for changing the flight?
Old May 22, 15, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by betabandido View Post
Is there any way to upgrade the class to (for instance) S, T, L without paying the $300 fee (IIRC) for changing the flight?
Unfortunately no. You can only upgrade to next class (business on UA or LH or premium economy on LH). The economy plus on UA does not push you into next booking class either. I wish it does.

I also have the same predicament, I have a K ticket on one leg in LH (UA codeshare), but with the new rules, all UA codeshares will now get the award miles as per the elite class (5 or 7 or higher miles per dollar). However no PQM for the K ticket though.
Old May 22, 15, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hyho61 View Post
I also have the same predicament, I have a K ticket on one leg in LH (UA codeshare), but with the new rules, all UA codeshares will now get the award miles as per the elite class (5 or 7 or higher miles per dollar). However no PQM for the K ticket though.
No RDM for an LH K fare either. It's ineligible for earning of any kind.
Old Aug 12, 15, 2:39 pm

Fare Class Rewards With Partners

Flew out SFO-FRA (UA) FRA-DBV (LH) and return via IST-FRA (LH) FRA-SFO (LH).

I received miles to United via outbound travel (including LH leg). I received no miles for return on LH. I received the following response:

Your flights between IST-FRA-SFO on July 6&7, 2015, was purchased in “K” fare class. Lufthansa does not award MileagePlus® credit for this fare class. I'm sorry to disappoint you; however, MileagePlus credit will not be eligible for these flights.

Each partner sets the fare classes that will be eligible in the MileagePlus program. These fare classes are subject to change by each partner.

Please note that the fare class that appears on your passenger receipt or E-Ticket receipt may differ from the fare class that the operating airline uses to determine MileagePlus flight credit.

This is roughly 8,000 miles toward next year's status which I am now out of. I had no idea this would happen. I would have flown differently had I known this. Do I have any resolution to getting these back or am I SOL for not reading some convoluted, hidden and constantly changing fine print?

This part really irks me: "fare class that appears on e ticket may differ..." Well how the heck am I supposed to be a loyal customer if they can't guarantee I'm getting what I expect when I pay for it?
Old Aug 12, 15, 2:48 pm

Additionally, does this mean I am also not eligible to receive credit toward PQDs? All legs purchased via United.com.
Old Aug 12, 15, 2:55 pm

LH earning for UA MP is listed here. http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=298 Indeed "K" fare class does not earn PQM.

I got burnt by this kind of deception once as well. The problem is that when I booked the ticket, it was a code share in "L" class but operated by Air China. After the flight, Air China reported "G" fare class. UA's response was:

The copy of the ticket receipt you provided that you flight from Beijing to Chengdu was operated by Air China. This should have been advised at the time of purchase. I agree it does not show the actual fare class for the Air China flight. When Air China notified MileagePlus of the credit to be given for the flight, their records showed the 'G' class.
Old Aug 12, 15, 2:57 pm

I am doing a bunch of flight searches on United.com and I can literally not replicate the K class. Every single thing that shows up is an eligible class.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: