Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 26, 18, 3:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 10, 15, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cfield View Post
Am i understanding correctly that flying those same itineraries this year wouldn't even get me to silver status?
If you book the fare classes above, you can get status. But if you would like to fly K class, ensure that atleast there is some United Metal involved to the furthest distance you can. Alternately, consider flying turkish airlines whose fares are lower compared to european *A airlines at times. Some of their lower classes (check the list) will still earn you 100% RDM and PQM on United.
Old Mar 10, 15, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
I could switch my first leg to United metal (IAH to FRA), but it looks it would still be K class.
Old Mar 10, 15, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Certain Lufthansa Fares (LH) earning only 50% or no EQM/RDM?

that would be the best bet to get miles.
Old Mar 23, 15, 11:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt Plat.
I just booked a paid Lufthansa ticket in Economy (S) class, and on return (flying code-share United flight), it's Economy (K) class. How does the mileage earning work for these tickets? I know with United, it was recently changed, but I am not familiar with Lufthansa earning. Also, what FF program do you recommend I credit the miles to?

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 15, 12:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You need to look-up the earnings with each FFP you might credit the miles to, there is no generic rule. Although K-class doesn't earn a thing in a lot of FFP's from *A members.
And it's always the operating carrier and the class you fly with them that determines what you get....
Old Mar 23, 15, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
You need to look-up the earnings with each FFP you might credit the miles to, there is no generic rule. Although K-class doesn't earn a thing in a lot of FFP's from *A members.
And it's always the operating carrier and the class you fly with them that determines what you get....
Thanks! I've heard that Singapore is a good program to credit to. Just not sure what the best program overall for *A earnings is to credit miles to (usually the only *A airline I fly is United but in this case Lufthansa as well).
Old Mar 23, 15, 12:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Normally it's best to credit to just one program if you don't fly that often.... but you need to know what you want in a FFP. And do some research to learn the rules.

Crediting a few miles here and there won't get you anything.
Old Mar 23, 15, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by cfield View Post
Sorry, I must be missing something. I usually get ~16k miles on this itinerary when I fly it. In fact, that's what I got when I flew it in January.
Another satisfied United customer, and there will be many more to follow, woke up this morning to a very unpleasant surprise.
Old Mar 23, 15, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
Normally it's best to credit to just one program if you don't fly that often.... but you need to know what you want in a FFP. And do some research to learn the rules.

Crediting a few miles here and there won't get you anything.
Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 15, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Glad I checked this thread. Was just about to book a 016 ticket for my wife and son on mixed UA/LH metal in K class (IAH-MUC-BOM outbound, BOM-FRA-IAH on return), but the lack of PQM on the LH flights would make that nonsensical. Cheap fare too..$966 RT. <sigh>

If TK's flight from BOM didn't leave at 6 am, I'd consider that as an option right now. Too hard with a 3 year old though.
Old Apr 15, 15, 5:19 pm

I'm still a bit confused how EQM works for United when I fly Lufthansa (or any other *A partner). I am flying on a LH flight which I booked through their website in a few months - if I provide my United MP # for credit for the flight, other than regular miles that I would receive, would I get EQM on my United account for flying on LH metal? Also, does it count towards my premier status, such as spending, or is that only for spending on United?

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 15, 11:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingSky View Post
... I am flying on a LH flight which I booked through their website in a few months - if I provide my United MP # for credit for the flight, other than regular miles that I would receive, would I get EQM on my United account for flying on LH metal? ....
yes

Originally Posted by FlyingSky View Post
... Also, does it count towards my premier status, such as spending, or is that only for spending on United? ....
If not book on UA ticket stock "016-" which it will not if booked on LH site, the flight will not earn PQDs -- the spending metric.
Old Apr 16, 15, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
yes

If not book on UA ticket stock "016-" which it will not if booked on LH site, the flight will not earn PQDs -- the spending metric.
Thanks! Appreciate it!
Old Apr 17, 15, 4:44 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat., UA 1K; Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond.
mismatch between predicted award miles on email and online

I booked an LH only 4 segment booking with UA as same price as on LH but a 016 ticket was going to earn more award miles. On the confirmation email it says (for the total of all 4 segs):

Award Miles PQM PQS PQD
4444 2038 4 404

But on my UA account reservation it says:

Award miles PQM PQS PQD
5,830 2,038 4 $530 USD

The latter is more like what I'd expect (I bought in GBP). Any good reason why the email seems to be inaccurate? Apart from the generally impressive nature of UA IT systems ;-).

Also, my understanding is that for award miles booking class is irrelevant for earning if on 016 stock (providing it's one which will give me PQM) -- it's only total ticket costs that counts. Right?
Old Apr 17, 15, 11:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer View Post
.... Any good reason why the email seems to be inaccurate? Apart from the generally impressive nature of UA IT systems ;-). ...
Your intuition is good. UA is having trouble with this newly provided info -- fortunately post-flight posting seem OK.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...or-flying.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: