Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM

Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Check LH earnings for purposes of UA status requalification

I am just under 3000 miles short to make status for the year and finally found a routing via ita matrix that seems like it will work. It's all on LH in fare classes that earn 100%. LH site doesn't show fare class anywhere that I can find though, so I'm afraid to book this not knowing for sure. I can't reproduce it on the UA site. Anyway to know for sure I'm getting the correct fare class and exactly what it will earn being credited to MP?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Try expedia, usually they will display booking class on confirmation page.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by gokeeper
Try expedia, usually they will display booking class on confirmation page.
No issue with booking with Expedia for the purposes of PQM?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
If it prices identically on LH website as ITA, 99.9% you're going to get the same booking codes.

However, to confirm, you can enter your ticket number on the Saudia website after ticketing and it will show the booking code of each segment.

Originally Posted by horse glasses
No issue with booking with Expedia for the purposes of PQM?
You should be ok on PQM, but nonetheless I strongly recommend never booking through an OTA without a very good reason (e.g. ticketing a mistake/tricked fare that doesn't price online).
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by findark
If it prices identically on LH website as ITA, 99.9% you're going to get the same booking codes.

However, to confirm, you can enter your ticket number on the Saudia website after ticketing and it will show the booking code of each segment.

You should be ok on PQM, but nonetheless I strongly recommend never booking through an OTA without a very good reason (e.g. ticketing a mistake/tricked fare that doesn't price online).
That's also confusing. Expedia shows 291 and LH shows 304 in Economy Classic and 264 in Economy Light. I don't know how their various economy products might factor into booking codes.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I am just under 3000 miles short to make status for the year and finally found a routing via ita matrix that seems like it will work. It's all on LH in fare classes that earn 100%. LH site doesn't show fare class anywhere that I can find though, so I'm afraid to book this not knowing for sure. I can't reproduce it on the UA site. Anyway to know for sure I'm getting the correct fare class and exactly what it will earn being credited to MP?
use google flights. This should work as well. As long as you avoid K-class you should be fine.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
use google flights. This should work as well. As long as you avoid K-class you should be fine.
Google doesn't show fare class and this particular set up isn't giving me a click through to LH to book it, just says to call to book through them (though I can produce it on their site). Not sure how Google helps in this case?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
There are a couple of places on lufthansa.com where you can see the booking classes during the booking process:

1. Once you enter the airports and click search, you get the list of options. Select the option you want, and more details are displayed. In the newly displayed details, to the right of the heading "Flight details", there's a link "Show booking classes". Click on that, and you'll see the booking classes for the selected option.

2. After selecting both outbound and inbound options and clicking "Continue", the summary page clearly displays the booking classes in parenthesis next to the class of service, for example Economy (S).
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by gusd
There are a couple of places on lufthansa.com where you can see the booking classes during the booking process:

1. Once you enter the airports and click search, you get the list of options. Select the option you want, and more details are displayed. In the newly displayed details, to the right of the heading "Flight details", there's a link "Show booking classes". Click on that, and you'll see the booking classes for the selected option.

2. After selecting both outbound and inbound options and clicking "Continue", the summary page clearly displays the booking classes in parenthesis next to the class of service, for example Economy (S).
I never did find this, but I gambled and bought it and it was the right class! Now just to hope my mileage calculation was correct, because I can't find anyway to know for sure what that'll translate to on UA.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I never did find this, but I gambled and bought it and it was the right class! Now just to hope my mileage calculation was correct, because I can't find anyway to know for sure what that'll translate to on UA.
If LH flight number, the LH booking code is the letter to use on the LH earning table. All Economy fares less than B and higher than K earn 100% PQM.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Also be aware that LH flights don't always post properly, even when they should. Of my two LH segments this year, one posted fine within a few days, the other never posted for my entire family and required a call in order to get credit.
LH flights have always credited within 1-2 days, unlike UA-plated/metal flights, which take 3-4 days to credit!

Originally Posted by Kacee
No. Any LH business class fare will accrue on UA (both segments).

Yes. RDM 100%, PQM 200%, but no PQD.

You can probably buy it from UA, in which case it would accrue PQD and RDM based on ticket price.
I have a follow-up to this question - as there used to be a special exemption/benefit for us elites to fly on LH flights, regardless of ticket stock some years ago:

I intend to fly in P-class on an LH-plated ticket, LH flight numbers, LH metal.

I have reviewed my account earlier (LH metal/plated/flight flown in mid-2016), which shows a 100% bonus (actual flown miles + 100% bonus for those flown = 2x RDM) for economy tickets flown as a 1K.

This is consistent with the earlier bonus given to UA*Gs, where we would get a substantial RDM bonus as an incentive years ago.

UA then tiered the RDM to different elite levels and last I remember, would only give this bonus to Plat/1Ks/GSs.

However, this is not documented any longer.

Anyone know if they are still receiving the 2x RDM as a 1K or higher on LH metal/plated/flight numbers?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
In fact, it is documented. For specified carriers, including AC, LH, LX, NH, OS, and SN, if you fly on a non-UA ticketed flight that is otherwise eligible for accrual, you will get a Premier bonus per the published schedule.

Premier Bonuses.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a follow-up to this question - as there used to be a special exemption/benefit for us elites to fly on LH flights, regardless of ticket stock some years ago:

I intend to fly in P-class on an LH-plated ticket, LH flight numbers, LH metal.

I have reviewed my account earlier (LH metal/plated/flight flown in mid-2016), which shows a 100% bonus (actual flown miles + 100% bonus for those flown = 2x RDM) for economy tickets flown as a 1K.

This is consistent with the earlier bonus given to UA*Gs, where we would get a substantial RDM bonus as an incentive years ago.

UA then tiered the RDM to different elite levels and last I remember, would only give this bonus to Plat/1Ks/GSs.

Anyone know if they are still receiving the 2x RDM as a 1K or higher on LH metal/plated/flight numbers?
It’s documented. It’s always been tiered; increasing the RDM multiplier was one of the benefits of advancing a status level. Silver gets 25%, gold 50%, platinum 75%, and 1K/GS 100%. (It used to be more prominent — now there’s a link hidden in a list of links on the Lufthansa page).

A 1K who purchases a P fare on LH stock for LH flights (code is irrelevant) will earn 200% PQMs and 200% RDMs — there’s no class of service multiplier for P.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by jsloan
It’s documented. It’s always been tiered; increasing the RDM multiplier was one of the benefits of advancing a status level. Silver gets 25%, gold 50%, platinum 75%, and 1K/GS 100%. (It used to be more prominent — now there’s a link hidden in a list of links on the Lufthansa page).P.
Even earlier it was a blanket (and higher bonus) amount for UA Gold and above, I think...

Originally Posted by jsloan
A 1K who purchases a P fare on LH stock for LH flights (code is irrelevant) will earn 200% PQMs and 200% RDMs — there’s no class of service multiplier for P.
Thanks! ^

Originally Posted by Kacee
In fact, it is documented. For specified carriers, including AC, LH, LX, NH, OS, and SN, if you fly on a non-UA ticketed flight that is otherwise eligible for accrual, you will get a Premier bonus per the published schedule.

Premier Bonuses.
Thanks for that - wanted to make sure before I ticketed either a UA- or LH-plated ticket - the difference is now marginal with this bonus after a discount from the OTA who can only issue on LH-plated tickets.

(Would prefer to plate on UA, but then might have problems upgrading/changing a segment due to availability given to UA - had this experience before!)
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Would prefer to plate on UA, but then might have problems upgrading/changing a segment due to availability given to UA - had this experience before!
Yes, unless I need PQDs, my preference would usually be to ticket with operating carrier, as it tends to reduce complications.

(Though one benefit of UA ticketing is that UA may waive change fees for a 1K/GS.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.