Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Vacations is a third-party travel agency that is neither owned or operated by United Airlines or UCH (note using the site one would think different)

As of 2018
A company you can trust
United Vacations is the leisure vacation package product for United Airlines and is operated by ALG Vacations Corp. ALG Vacations Corp. is a privately held company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been fulfilling millions of vacation dreams with unparalleled customer care and at exceptional value for over 40 years
ALG== Apple Leisure Group, corprorate link

previously
A company you can trust
United Vacations is the leisure vacation package product for United Airlines and is operated by The Mark Travel Corporation (TMTC). TMTC is a privately held company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been fulfilling millions of vacation dreams with unparalleled customer care and at exceptional value for over 40 years
Buying Individual Bulk Fares Directly from United / United Vacations
Print Wikipost

Experience with United Vacations

Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Yup, ticket was on 016 stock , was even able to upgrade using RPUs.
Does not need to be 016 ticket stock to use RPUs

However, if it is a published fare on 016 ticket stock, I would suspect Incorrect / Ineligible PQD / PQM / RDM information showing on my itinerary
Wait till post-flight and see what a happens-- there is nothing you can do at this point.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Hi, I'm very new to UA, thinking of switching from AA. I can't find any info on the earning structure of PQD, PQM and RDM for booking through Vacations. It's pretty straight forward on AA. Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by foxberg
...Switching from AA. I can't find any info on the earning structure of PQD, PQM and RDM for booking through Vacations. ...
First , United Vacations is a third party travel agency that is neither owned or operated by United Airlines or UCH (note using the site one would think different)

It does have a special marketing relationship with United/ Generally the air travel bookings with be on UA ticket stock and earn the normal structure for UA tickets.
Believe you do earn RDMs for some non-airline activities with United Vacations but not PQMs or PQDs.

Note some have reported the airfare portion when using UV can be a BULK ticket and therefore earned no PQDs

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 5, 2018 at 5:39 pm Reason: BULK tickets
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
First , United Vacations is a third party travel agency that is neither owned or operated by United Airlines or UCH (note using the site one would think different)

It does have a special marketing relationship with United/ Generally the air travel bookings with be on UA ticket stock and earn the normal structure for UA tickets.
Believe you do earn RDMs for some non-airline activities with United Vacations but not PQMs or PQDs.

Note some have reported the airfare portion when using UV can be a BULK ticket and therefore earned no PQDs
So, I guess unlike AA they are able to separate the airfare portion from the hotel spend then. Not nearly as good as AA then for the purpose of earning PQD and RDM, since on AA it's based on the percentage of distance flown on vacation bookings. Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:30 am

Family is looking into US to FRA flight and find r/t fare on UA at around $ 1,600.00 p.p. Booking on UAV, incl. throwaway hotel, brings it down to $ 797.00 ea, quite a difference. Trying to educate me though this thread. They are not worried about lack of credits, mile or otherwise. Seating is the point of contention. On the UAV generated seatmaps all E+ seating incl. exit rows are blocked ( everything is wide open on the UA seatmap ). They are all 1K. Is it a given that after booking with UAV that the reservation will show under their UA MP account and then the seatmap will show ( as it does now on UA ) with the possibility of choosing E+ and/or exit row seats? Or does a UAV bulk fare precludes them from choosing seats in the front of the Y cabin?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
I booked a UAV trip to Hawaii and had no problem getting E+/exit row seats by going to my UA app.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by sierranevada
I booked a UAV trip to Hawaii and had no problem getting E+/exit row seats by going to my UA app.

Great. I will suggest to them to try it and see how it works out. Savings are just too significant to ignore it. Thanks for the reply.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Eh, ignore the glitch

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Family is looking into US to FRA flight and find r/t fare on UA at around $ 1,600.00 p.p. Booking on UAV, incl. throwaway hotel, brings it down to $ 797.00 ea, quite a difference. Trying to educate me though this thread. They are not worried about lack of credits, mile or otherwise. Seating is the point of contention. On the UAV generated seatmaps all E+ seating incl. exit rows are blocked ( everything is wide open on the UA seatmap ). They are all 1K. Is it a given that after booking with UAV that the reservation will show under their UA MP account and then the seatmap will show ( as it does now on UA ) with the possibility of choosing E+ and/or exit row seats? Or does a UAV bulk fare precludes them from choosing seats in the front of the Y cabin?
For some (probably technical) reason the seat maps on UAV are notoriously inaccurate. Just go ahead and purchase on UAV then when ticketed go to UA.com to choose seats. Have done this multiple times, never a problem.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by SeamusSA
For some (probably technical) reason the seat maps on UAV are notoriously inaccurate. Just go ahead and purchase on UAV then when ticketed go to UA.com to choose seats. Have done this multiple times, never a problem.
Thanks, appreciate the confirmation. It will make them feel much more at ease. Whole family suffers from paranoia as to where to sit on an airplane.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
UA Novice - can't figure out 767 business to Europe

This is a seat map from a UA vacation booking that I was about to make. Business class on this 767 from ORD - AMS is seriously a 2 x 2 x 1 config? I'm guessing not but I've no experience with UA for the last 15 or so years. They have myriad 767 configurations and this booking doesn't tell me which one it is. It is flight 909 on 6/6 FWIW.

Is there a summary of the various 76X configurations in business, how to figure out which one is flying what routes, etc.? And if I see this config can I assume it to be correct and assume it to be at the very least a 1 x 2 x 1 config?

Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by dingo
This is a seat map from a UA vacation booking that I was about to make. Business class on this 767 from ORD - AMS is seriously a 2 x 2 x 1 config? I'm guessing not but I've no experience with UA for the last 15 or so years. They have myriad 767 configurations and this booking doesn't tell me which one it is. It is flight 909 on 6/6 FWIW.

Is there a summary of the various 76X configurations in business, how to figure out which one is flying what routes, etc.? And if I see this config can I assume it to be correct and assume it to be at the very least a 1 x 2 x 1 config?

Software fluke... Config is 2X1X2 so KL are adjacent and D has aisles on both sides.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA does not have a 2 x 2 x 1 config. They do have a 2 x 1 x 2 config, which is what that seatmap should be. A and B are adjacent, as are K and L; D is a column by itself. The seat map on United's website is much more clear.

They are converting some of their 767s to a 1-1-1 configuration (it's tighter than it sounds; the rows all interleave). So, it's possible that you might get your plane swapped to that configuration prior to departure; about half of the total 767-300 fleet is currently 1-1-1.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
This is from the UA vaca website; so not UA but presumably one over which they exert control.

Thank you. Though, kind of surprised that lie flats, which I think these to be, are in a config that still has people climbing over each other to get out.

How can I tell if these are Polaris, or are they certainly not based on the config? Are all flights to Europe in lie flats or are some angled?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. Though, kind of surprised that lie flats, which I think these to be, are in a config that still has people climbing over each other to get out.

How can I tell if these are Polaris, or are they certainly not based on the config?
Every UA business class seat on a wide body is lie-flat.

Direct aisle access is a relatively new phenomenon in J; UA was an early adopter of lie-flat business class seating and it wasn't yet available when they made their purchasing decisions. (That's a big part of the impetus of the Polaris retrofit).

Polaris seats will appear in blue on the seat map on United.com. Non-Polaris seats will appear in orange. The 2-1-2 config is not Polaris. The 1-1-1 config is.

UA doesn't generally show the Polaris configuration on a 767 in advance, in order to reduce the number of complaints they get if a swap occurs. The actual seat map is generally finalized about three days prior to departure (but is still subject to swapping even after that based on operational considerations).
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:42 pm

This is from the UA vaca website; so not UA but presumably one over which they exert control....
UA vacations is an independ3th party of which UA has no control or interest -- BUT UA licensed their linkage to United site.

So this is a UA Vacations website issue

For more on 763 seating , see 767-300 2-Class
and the Polaris seat version
767-300 v3 -- Polaris seat
Most of the older 763 sets will be gone in 2020

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 4, 2019 at 9:49 pm Reason: retro timeline

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.