Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Vacations is a third-party travel agency that is neither owned or operated by United Airlines or UCH (note using the site one would think different)

As of 2018
A company you can trust
United Vacations is the leisure vacation package product for United Airlines and is operated by ALG Vacations Corp. ALG Vacations Corp. is a privately held company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been fulfilling millions of vacation dreams with unparalleled customer care and at exceptional value for over 40 years
ALG== Apple Leisure Group, corprorate link

previously
A company you can trust
United Vacations is the leisure vacation package product for United Airlines and is operated by The Mark Travel Corporation (TMTC). TMTC is a privately held company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been fulfilling millions of vacation dreams with unparalleled customer care and at exceptional value for over 40 years
Buying Individual Bulk Fares Directly from United / United Vacations
Print Wikipost

Experience with United Vacations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sierranevada
So I booked a Hawaii vacation package today. After the flights were ticketed, I had to call to get the upgrade processed - there was no "upgrade" button on the reservation. It took quite a while - about 20 minutes - since it had to be done manually but had no problems. I used RPU's.
Not necessarily a UA Vacations or bulk fare thing. While i haven't come across it in a while, I've definitely had some itineraries - regular fares purchased on UA.com - not show the upgrade button. Not sure why as I couldn't really distinguish between the irons where it was and where it wasn't.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Yes, CPU listed

Originally Posted by V9
Thanks. How about upgrade? Were you at least listed at the waitlist for CPUs?
For the domestic legs, yes. Cleared outbound, not return IIRC.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:57 pm

Just an update for anyone curious... Everything posted to my account from my recent trip to Canun booked thru United Vacations.

It was classified as a bulk fare, so; 100% PQM earned, however, 0 PQD.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sierranevada
I just called since I had the same question. According to 1K desk, yes you can use instruments for upgrade. You may not be able to do it online so might have to call.
LAS-iAH-CUN earlier this month, called to upgrade with my remaining expiring RPUs. Agent refused saying bulk fares cannot be upgraded. Eventually all legs cleared via CPU and I donated the RPUs to someone else's trip.

No PQDs for the trip, but RDM/PQM posted.

Unlikely that I will book through UAV again, unless there is a significant financial advantage.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT

I'm looking at booking a trip through United Vacations. Obviously, I'm interested in doing this because I want a vacation package where I can fly on UA, earn miles and also receive my standard 1K benefits.

Does anyone have any experience booking through UA vacations and earning PQM, PQD and being eligible for CPUs?

The trip I am looking at is listed as "Published Fares" and I see the fare class matches what comes up when I search for the flights on there own. Will this be on 016 stock? Earn PQM/PQD and be eligible for CPUs? Will I receive a UA PNR where I can then deal with my reservation as I would normally, or will it be totally blocked off because it's book through a TA?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

First, be aware that UA vacations is simply a travel agency that basically buys access to the United name, and does the package deals. Really, it's not different than booking a vacation through, say, Orbitz. Except that I believe they'll only sell UA (and perhaps, partner) flights and have access to whatever inventory they do.

There is a place when your doing the search where the published fare (or bulk fare) gets linked, and if you click on it, it gives you the detail of what it is - so most of what you need to know is there. Anything noted as a published fare will earn PQM, PQS, RDM and PQD as normal based on the flight prices. Like any travel agency, however, any changes need to go through them, especially as these are packages, but using your MP number, the flights should appear on your profile on the UA site, and you should be able to select seats, etc. as normal. And yes, tickets should be on 016 stock.

Bulk fares are different, and would earn miles based on the bulk fare chart, and also wouldn't get PQD. If it's listed as published though, you'll get the same treatment, essentially, as if you've booked directly through UA.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
So good, so far...

I'm taking 4 buddies with me to PUJ in August. I've booked through United Vacations (I think it's Mark Travel) and all 5 of us are on one PNR, I've used 5 RPUs that have already cleared on the outbound legs (SLC-DEN-EWR-PUJ). The PQMs, PQSs and PQDs are showing up on the view reservations calculating right based on my/their status. I've had a good experience with them so far and when there was a schedule change that required an overnight in IAH, they were great (but 1K had already resolved it for me). I guess we'll see come August after the trip is complete - but it was too great of a deal not to book with them.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Myself and a friend used United Vacations for a quick trip to Hawaii last month. Fare was bulk so no PGD but got my PGM. You have to call to apply your RPU but they were able to do it and we cleared both ways.

Do check pricing it individually. When I did, we saved about $125 each but in hindsight might have been easier to book each portion instead of a package. Hotel was a Starwood where I have Gold status and it was hard to get my gold number attached to the reservation.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Can you noshow hotel and have return not cancelled?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Can you noshow hotel and have return not cancelled?
Yes, no correlation.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
We are going to hawaii in a few weeks. I looked into buying with UV I called them and they told me I would not get all the miles and PQM as it was a bulk fare. Since I need the PQM to move to elite I just bought the tickets and hotel directly. the price difference was minimal.
RNE likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Any difference between published fare on UA vacations versus UA.com

The only reason I am asking is that UA vacations clearly lists if a fare is BULK or Published. I purchased a published fare, yet UA lists the right PQMs and PQSs, but zero PQD and just minimal RDM. Thoughts?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
what is the 'fare' listed on the ticket?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
The only reason I am asking is that UA vacations clearly lists if a fare is BULK or Published. I purchased a published fare, yet UA lists the right PQMs and PQSs, but zero PQD and just minimal RDM. Thoughts?
Was the ticket issued on 016 ticket stock? (remember United Vacations is an independent third party travel agency and not United)
or
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...itinerary.html
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Yup, ticket was on 016 stock , was even able to upgrade using RPUs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.