Experience with United Vacations

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 18, 9:34 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
United Vacations is a third party travel agency that is neither owned or operated by United Airlines or UCH (note using the site one would think different)
A company you can trust
United Vacations is the leisure vacation package product for United Airlines and is operated by The Mark Travel Corporation (TMTC). TMTC is a privately held company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been fulfilling millions of vacation dreams with unparalleled customer care and at exceptional value for over 40 years
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 26, 18, 2:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123 View Post
Yup, ticket was on 016 stock , was even able to upgrade using RPUs.
Does not need to be 016 ticket stock to use RPUs

However, if it is a published fare on 016 ticket stock, I would suspect Incorrect / Ineligible PQD / PQM / RDM information showing on my itinerary
Wait till post-flight and see what a happens-- there is nothing you can do at this point.
Old Nov 5, 18, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Hi, I'm very new to UA, thinking of switching from AA. I can't find any info on the earning structure of PQD, PQM and RDM for booking through Vacations. It's pretty straight forward on AA. Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 18, 5:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by foxberg View Post
...Switching from AA. I can't find any info on the earning structure of PQD, PQM and RDM for booking through Vacations. ...
First , United Vacations is a third party travel agency that is neither owned or operated by United Airlines or UCH (note using the site one would think different)

It does have a special marketing relationship with United/ Generally the air travel bookings with be on UA ticket stock and earn the normal structure for UA tickets.
Believe you do earn RDMs for some non-airline activities with United Vacations but not PQMs or PQDs.

Note some have reported the airfare portion when using UV can be a BULK ticket and therefore earned no PQDs

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 5, 18 at 5:39 pm Reason: BULK tickets
Old Nov 5, 18, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
First , United Vacations is a third party travel agency that is neither owned or operated by United Airlines or UCH (note using the site one would think different)

It does have a special marketing relationship with United/ Generally the air travel bookings with be on UA ticket stock and earn the normal structure for UA tickets.
Believe you do earn RDMs for some non-airline activities with United Vacations but not PQMs or PQDs.

Note some have reported the airfare portion when using UV can be a BULK ticket and therefore earned no PQDs
So, I guess unlike AA they are able to separate the airfare portion from the hotel spend then. Not nearly as good as AA then for the purpose of earning PQD and RDM, since on AA it's based on the percentage of distance flown on vacation bookings. Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 19, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
Family is looking into US to FRA flight and find r/t fare on UA at around $ 1,600.00 p.p. Booking on UAV, incl. throwaway hotel, brings it down to $ 797.00 ea, quite a difference. Trying to educate me though this thread. They are not worried about lack of credits, mile or otherwise. Seating is the point of contention. On the UAV generated seatmaps all E+ seating incl. exit rows are blocked ( everything is wide open on the UA seatmap ). They are all 1K. Is it a given that after booking with UAV that the reservation will show under their UA MP account and then the seatmap will show ( as it does now on UA ) with the possibility of choosing E+ and/or exit row seats? Or does a UAV bulk fare precludes them from choosing seats in the front of the Y cabin?
Old Feb 3, 19, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Gold; Hyatt Gold
I booked a UAV trip to Hawaii and had no problem getting E+/exit row seats by going to my UA app.
Old Feb 3, 19, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
I booked a UAV trip to Hawaii and had no problem getting E+/exit row seats by going to my UA app.

Great. I will suggest to them to try it and see how it works out. Savings are just too significant to ignore it. Thanks for the reply.
Old Feb 4, 19, 12:32 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Eh, ignore the glitch

Originally Posted by Exleftseat View Post
Family is looking into US to FRA flight and find r/t fare on UA at around $ 1,600.00 p.p. Booking on UAV, incl. throwaway hotel, brings it down to $ 797.00 ea, quite a difference. Trying to educate me though this thread. They are not worried about lack of credits, mile or otherwise. Seating is the point of contention. On the UAV generated seatmaps all E+ seating incl. exit rows are blocked ( everything is wide open on the UA seatmap ). They are all 1K. Is it a given that after booking with UAV that the reservation will show under their UA MP account and then the seatmap will show ( as it does now on UA ) with the possibility of choosing E+ and/or exit row seats? Or does a UAV bulk fare precludes them from choosing seats in the front of the Y cabin?
For some (probably technical) reason the seat maps on UAV are notoriously inaccurate. Just go ahead and purchase on UAV then when ticketed go to UA.com to choose seats. Have done this multiple times, never a problem.
Old Feb 4, 19, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by SeamusSA View Post
For some (probably technical) reason the seat maps on UAV are notoriously inaccurate. Just go ahead and purchase on UAV then when ticketed go to UA.com to choose seats. Have done this multiple times, never a problem.
Thanks, appreciate the confirmation. It will make them feel much more at ease. Whole family suffers from paranoia as to where to sit on an airplane.