Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX United Club completion targeted for December 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

LAX United Club completion targeted for December 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
With the TBIT-T4 connector open, the Star Alliance lounge is great. I'd allocate a 15 minute walk between TBIT and T-7.
Old May 3, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 764toHI
With the TBIT-T4 connector open, the Star Alliance lounge is great. I'd allocate a 15 minute walk between TBIT and T-7.
Now that there is a good airside link to TBIT, I don't really care how the United Club renovation comes out anymore. The *A lounge is so much better than any UC, except perhaps LHR, that I doubt I'll ever set foot in the LAX UC again....

unless I want a shot of Hennigan's for old time's sake.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
It would be great if this hub club offered showers...
Old May 3, 2016, 5:08 pm
RJ1

Originally Posted by 764toHI
Originally Posted by transportprof
Now that there is a good airside link to TBIT, I don't really care how the United Club renovation comes out anymore. The *A lounge is so much better than any UC, except perhaps LHR, that I doubt I'll ever set foot in the LAX UC again....

unless I want a shot of Hennigan's for old time's sake.
Is there an airside connector between terminals 4 and 5? It doesn't show on the LAX website map, and I haven't been down that way in awhile.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by RJ1
Is there an airside connector between terminals 4 and 5? It doesn't show on the LAX website map, and I haven't been down that way in awhile.
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
It is a very long walk to T4, but the AA lounge has a shower. It now connects all the way to TBIT for more options as well, but it only makes sense going there from the United gates if you have a layover of 3 or more hours.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Artpen100
It is a very long walk to T4, but the AA lounge has a shower. It now connects all the way to TBIT for more options as well, but it only makes sense going there from the United gates if you have a layover of 3 or more hours.
There are electric carts in the tunnels under T5 and T4 that cut the walk in half, kind of like at LHR, if you'd rather be driven through the tunnels.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Because the construction must happen without disrupting the rest of the operations in the terminal. It is much easier to build on an empty lot than to retrofit in live space. And the challenges of building inside a TSA secure area should not be underestimated.
Bingo! @:-)
Old May 4, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
It would be great if this hub club offered showers...
Seriously. Like, crazy ridiculous.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:07 am

There's also a bus from 65 to 44 if you don't want to walk all the way.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Seriously. Like, crazy ridiculous.
Indeed. At SFO AA, Amex, DL and SQ offer showers in their lounges. UA? Arrivals only.
Old May 4, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by transportprof
There are electric carts in the tunnels under T5 and T4 that cut the walk in half, kind of like at LHR, if you'd rather be driven through the tunnels.
Really? Learn something new. I guess I never saw them (either LAX or LHR) or assumed they'd been specially arranged for less mobile pax. Generally, I have told myself that the walk is good for me. But I might look for that if in a hurry.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Indeed. At SFO AA, Amex, DL and SQ offer showers in their lounges. UA? Arrivals only.
Oh, and if you get there after 12:30 noon, you're out of luck because they close.

In 20 years of flying through SFO, I've never been able to use the idiotic arrivals lounge because of that.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Do we know what's happening to the old GFL and UC spaces once the new club opens?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Arrived at Gate 71B yesterday evening and while its been a while since I've flown UNITED, the terminal area from the gate to the escalators to baggage claim is almost unrecognizable. I was quite discombobulated. Construction is in full swing, everywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.