Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chris Roberts/One World Labs News Stories Related to UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of Chris Roberts/One World Labs News Stories Related to UA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by mduell
You don't entertain and engage trolls.
Except on FT, where it sometimes seems de rigueur.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Roberts had been removed from a United flight on Wednesday by the FBI after landing in Syracuse, New York, and was questioned for four hours after jokingly suggesting on Twitter he could get the oxygen masks on the plane to deploy. Authorities also seized Roberts' laptop and other electronics, although his lawyer says he hasn't seen a search warrant.
Clip above from the story.

Thank you, United, for removing this **** from the plane so the rest of us can get to work.

I suggest the no-fly list, since Twitter seems to be an acceptable way for him to conduct business.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
And since I know of no reporter knows anything about technology, I'm sure it will all be misreported and overhyped.
Well at least you have an open mind.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Clip above from the story.

Thank you, United, for removing this **** from the plane so the rest of us can get to work.

I suggest the no-fly list, since Twitter seems to be an acceptable way for him to conduct business.
+1, you beat me to it! ^^
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
If I'm a pax on a plane this guy were to screw with (oxygen masks, etc.) and UA had any clue that this guy was a trouble maker, I would be wondering why they HADN'T removed him from the flight.

Hats off to UA here.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
Originally Posted by ACC2008
This is not a joking matter. I agree - let him fly other airlines. ^
^
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:45 am
Suspended

I had to laugh though, if they thought he was such a threat, why did they send him on WN? If the WN plane went down due to this I would hope the families of the passengers on the WN flight and WN went after United for all they got and that criminal charges would be filed against anyone at UA who made this decision.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:51 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by airplanegod
I had to laugh though, if they thought he was such a threat, why did they send him on WN? If the WN plane went down due to this I would hope the families of the passengers on the WN flight and WN went after United for all they got and that criminal charges would be filed against anyone at UA who made this decision.
Doubtful UA sent this gentleman to WN. There is no interline agreement between UA and WN -- neither will accept the others tickets. From reading the article, would suspect the person purchased a walk up ticket from WN after being DB by UA. Two separate actions.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'd be curious if UA shares this troublemakers information with other carriers, be they Star Alliance or not. Could there be boarding woes ahead at other carriers?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Doubtful UA sent this gentleman to WN. There is no interline agreement between UA and WN -- neither will accept the others tickets. From reading the article, would suspect the person purchased a walk up ticket from WN after being DB by UA. Two separate actions.
Got it, thanks. One of the articles I was reading gave me the assumption that they rebooked him to WN.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: 1k
This Duck Dynasty wannabee was on Fox news a few weeks ago saying how he could shut down a planes engines at 35,000 feet and make it so the warning lights would not go off in the cockpit.

What an arrogant fool. I don't want him on my flight.
Good for United. I hope he is banned for life.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just think about other "Researchers" who might be poking around an aircraft's network while in flight but who keep their mouths shut..
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:51 pm

Wow. The ignorance in this thread is stunning. How many of you would even know what B-sides are? Would you rather have "this duck dynasty" reject doing the research or someone selling his zero-days to the highest bidder?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by JakiChan
Wow. The ignorance in this thread is stunning. How many of you would even know what B-sides are? Would you rather have "this duck dynasty" reject doing the research or someone selling his zero-days to the highest bidder?
I don't care if he does the research or not. I just don't want him disrupting my flight when I'm trying to get from A to B.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully he "flies" only Greyhound and Uber from now on. He should be banned for life from any air travel, except maybe a nice secure seat on ConAir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.