Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ANA/NH change to Amadeus impacts–UA not showing NH award space/ANA award tools broken

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA/NH change to Amadeus impacts–UA not showing NH award space/ANA award tools broken

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold

Has anyone else noticed that ANA award space isn't showing up anymore on United.com searches after ANA's maintenance update over Saturday night?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
Has anyone else noticed that ANA award space isn't showing up anymore on United.com searches after ANA's maintenance update over Saturday night?
I'm finding that the ANA codeshares with United on paid flights that I saw early yesterday and a few days before are now no longer appearing on .bomb (but still appear on ANA).
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:59 pm

NH is in the process of transitioning their reservations platform to Amadeus. Availability issues will probably continue for a little bit following the cutover.

Last edited by akonradi; Apr 11, 2015 at 9:05 pm
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by akonradi
NH is in the process of transitioning their reservations platform to Amadeus. Availability issues will probably continue for a little bit following the cutover.
Thanks for the head's up. Hopefully this gets fixed soon...
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by akonradi
Thank you for the info
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
When OZ switched to Amadeus, there was a ton of award availability when they came back on line.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
When OZ switched to Amadeus, there was a ton of award availability when they came back on line.
Didn't SQ do that too? I wonder if NH will make the same "mistake"....
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Either way we're still glad to be able to search awards using NH on NH's site.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Either way we're still glad to be able to search awards using NH on NH's site.
ANA New site is terrible.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:48 am

Yeap. Not good.

Hopefully things will get sorted out, but now I fear there's really no accurate star alliance award search engine. I know the old ANA was clunky and horrible to use. I don't care about that. I want accuracy in availability. =\

Last night, all three of United, Aeroplan, and ANA brought up different results for the exact same day/time/route. BLAH.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
On my first search, it came up in Japanese. Great!

http://i61.tinypic.com/34oohvn.jpg
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mg0901
... Hopefully things will get sorted out, but now I fear there's really no accurate star alliance award search engine. I know the old ANA was clunky and horrible to use. I don't care about that. I want accuracy in availability. =\ ....
This is the real news here -- the loss of the ANA award search tool. Sites making using of that tool are down.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This is the real news here -- the loss of the ANA award search tool. Sites making using of that tool are down.

Wondering if it's NH doesn't feed award availability to UA or UA is not showing NH awards?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kb1992
Wondering if it's NH doesn't feed award availability to UA or UA is not showing NH awards?
My guess given the interface between the two companies has changed -- that during the transition it is likely a combination of both until a new stable interface can put into place. Although since UA gets the availability from *Net, so unless that was impacted by the NH change, it may just be NH issue. Note the earlier post that AC is also having issues with NH.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
It is back working for me now for paid tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.