Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated FCO lounge / connection time / logistics - Domestic & International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated FCO lounge / connection time / logistics - Domestic & International

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum

Flying FCO-EWR tomorrow. My boarding pass says "check in at terminal 5 and take the bus to terminal and then all UA flights depart from Terminal C." Since I already have my boarding pass and have carry on only, can I go directly to terminal C? (Planning on taking the train to FCO and then to Customs and Global Blue--supposed to get a a VAT refund--if that makes a difference.) Is there a lounge at C? My UA app has such a tiny map that it is hard to tell....

Thanks!

Last edited by TH310; Aug 4, 2013 at 1:16 pm Reason: clarity
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: Jet blue true blue
Anyone know what terminal My UA flight from Dulles will arrive at FCO?

IAD >FCO

My sister is picking me up by car at FCO and she is asking me this question.
TKS.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is this flight UA42? If past history is any indication, it should arrive at Terminal 3.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by DesertRose777
IAD >FCO

My sister is picking me up by car at FCO and she is asking me this question.
TKS.
It arrives at Terminal 3.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: Jet blue true blue
Yes, it' Flight UA42 .
Thanks so much , ill tell her Terminal 3.
Nice , cuz she is a middle aged EX pat (30 yrs in Rome) And very Italian. She doesn't do internet, or texting. But she can drive the streets of Rome like a fiend! Grazie, Ciao!
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hotels.com WR Silver ;)
All non-schengen non-LCC flights arrive at T3. US Carrier and El Al flights depart from "T5" which isn't really a Terminal at all but just a check-in/security building. Then you're bused to T3 where the flight actually departs.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
UA Depatures from FCO (Rome): Departs from Which Terminal?

Printed boarding passes FCO to IAD. The boarding passes say check luggage at Terminal 5 and shuttle bus operates from Terminal 3. Allow extra time. If you have your boarding passes and will not check luggage which terminal at FCO is the UA counter and where does the plane board/depart from? Thank you.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Terminal 5. Was there last week. All flights to US and Israel check-in at T5. Then you are bussed to T3.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum

Check in at Terminal 5. After checking in and going though security and passport control in the terminal you will be bused to boarding area G from where the flight departs. There is a shuttle from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5 for those who arrive at FCO on the train.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Terminal 5. Was there last week. All flights to US and Israel check-in at T5. Then you are bussed to T3.
You're not exactly bussed to Terminal 3.....you're bussed airside to the satellite boarding area G which is connected to Terminal 3 by a subterranean shuttle train. Long story short, you go thru special (heightened security) checkin procedures at T5 which has no gates of its own and then are bussed to the same gates you would have gone thru if you went thru security at T3. Seems a bit stupid to me as anyone going thru T5 loses their sanitation when they come in contact with others at G Boarding gates that went thru T3 security, although I guess their checked luggage has had extra inspection procedures and is kept separate.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum

It does have that weakness but it is a vast improvement over the former (post 9/11) method of security controls in Terminal 3.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: UA GS
RTW.....Not as bad as it sounds. Was there 3 weeks ago. Allow an extra 10 -15 minutes.

Still waiting to find a date that will match up with your Maui trips. Take care and safe travels.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Wombat1
...There is a shuttle from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5 for those who arrive at FCO on the train.
The shuttle bus location is poorly marked, IMHO. It's at the far end (left side, as you look at terminal) on the 2nd level. You'll see some concrete blocks just beyond which a couple of extra lanes cut off the main terminal road. Bus stops in one of those lanes.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you all for the quick reply. Sure this will useful for all out of FCO.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
The shuttle bus location is poorly marked, IMHO. It's at the far end (left side, as you look at terminal) on the 2nd level. You'll see some concrete blocks just beyond which a couple of extra lanes cut off the main terminal road. Bus stops in one of those lanes.
Yup. The signs walking from the train say "T5" but what they really mean is this is where you catch the bus to T5. I did not see the bus stop actually marked; it's right next to the outdoor smoking area.

T5 is a temporary structure. The check-in lines were pretty bad when I was there. They have kiosks if you're just carrying on, and I used one of those. Security was quick, then they bus you to the G satellite. I had plenty of time to check out the Alitalia lounge, which wasn't bad at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.