Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Espresso Machines on pmCO Widebody and pmUA 2 Cabin 763's discontinued April 1, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Espresso Machines on pmCO Widebody and pmUA 2 Cabin 763's discontinued April 1, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Then they will add "made-to-order" instant Nescafe coffee to the menu.
Nescafe is better than the brewed brown swill currently served.

I tried the UA coffee again recently just to see if it had improved.

Nope. Back to the Starbucks Via. Don't board a United flight without it!

Originally Posted by SamuelS
Not sure which industry you work in, but it is typically a pretty slippery slope for a company to regard their customers as "self entitled whiners" and have this level of contempt for their (most frequent or loyal) customers. YMMV.
lol this was exactly Always Flyin's point!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Sigh, another change we'll like
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by mduell
The poster was in-part literally quoting UA senior management.
Lol, I definitely missed that.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
The expresso was one part of the merger that most PmUA flyers did like. Nothing good seems to last on Jeff's watch.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
I'm one of those ornery folks who was quite happy to fly TATK on a 757-200....my only problem with the 757-200 was that they had no espresso machine....I think that they weren't used because they weren't promoted, but I never had a problem or an eye roll when I asked for one.

Last edited by l etoile; Mar 22, 2015 at 10:21 am Reason: Response to off-topic comment removed
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
CLE..We Hardly Knew You...Bye

Espresso..We Hardly Knew You...Bye
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:18 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I just started removing off-topic posts from this thread. Please, this is not for debating which carrier was "better" or more financially stable before the merger, not for discussing subsidies, not for anything other than discussing the espresso machines being removed.

Thanks,
l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
The three or four times I asked for an espresso, it never arrived anyways. So, might as well remove something that FA's don't want to be bothered with in the first place.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Sigh... dreaming of the Viennese coffee menu on OS. Prepared by the onboard chef, and brought to your aisle access seat.

Oh sorry, they care about their product. My bad.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Sigh... dreaming of the Viennese coffee menu on OS. Prepared by the onboard chef, and brought to your aisle access seat.

Oh sorry, they care about their product. My bad.
One of my colleagues just flew OS C. He had thought my past descriptions of their on board product to be overly generous, until he had the opportunity to fly C on OS. He said that on the way over to Vienna, he flew UA C to FRA, and being able to compare the difference between the two made UA's BF product seem even more threadbare.

He talked at length with the UA purser going over, and according to my colleague, the #1 complaint of the front cabin flight crews is their embarrassment with serving such a poor product.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
they ought to be embarrassed. I did enjoy the espressos I had on CO and then UA.

its not really a race to the bottom, UA is a mile ahead of the competition. I took a DL trip out west this past weekend (I missed this thread before) I was a little confused when they offered a choice of comp snacks in Y.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
as mentioned upthread and in another one that there is a hot beverage revamp/partnerships in the works.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 24, 2015 at 3:22 pm Reason: Let's focus on the issues and not each other
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
What do you think they're going to do? start serving Peets?!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 24, 2015 at 3:21 pm Reason: removed quoted deleted material and response to
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Well I'm going to use my sample size of 1 in the MEL UC.

It's 2015 and people need money and advertising. It'll be whoever thinks it's worth the $ to place their logo on every UA menu and IFM.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Well I'm going to use my sample size of 1 in the MEL UC.
That would be great. But those Nespresso capsules retail for 70 cents each. Might UA get a substantial discount? Yes, of course. But this is the airline that serves broken cashews in its premium cabins. And brags about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.