iPad App and Web show different prices

Old Mar 14, 15, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
iPad App and Web show different prices

I'm having a problem where I seam to be getting different prices for the same flights on the same day when I search on the web vs. searching on the iPad app. I'm sure i'm entering something different on the two platforms, but I can't seam to figure out what I'm doing different. Can someone please help me?

The flight I searched is a multiple destination trip, EWR PEK Friday 17April15 in J and returning PEK EWR Friday 08May15 in Y (Same cities, different classes).

As you can see, the Non-Stop shows the same price, $5,828, but look at the 6:00am departure, it's $6,257 on the mobile site and only $3.823 on the website. Likewise the 6:30am departure is $5,832 on the app and only $4,322 on the web site.

Am I doing something different on the two platforms or is this a glitch? This happened on Thursday night and I dismissed it, but it's also happening now.

Old Mar 14, 15, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Have you clicked all the way through? The fare it shows on the first screen is not necessarily the fare you see when you price the full itinerary.
Old Mar 14, 15, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

if you mean did I select a return flight as well and be priced at the higher price of the two directions, I just did that and am still getting two different prices.

The return prices are also much higher on the app than online. I also get the app prices on the mobile web site.
Old Mar 14, 15, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Ok, I did a little trial and error work and I noticed something. The prices for EWR-PEK J and PEK EWR Y on the mobile site and iPhone Appare the same as EWR-PEK J and PEK EWR J on the mobile site which is also the same as EWR-PEK J and PEK EWR J on the web.

For some reason the mobile system is automatically changing my selection to J over and back. I selected a flight back and checked on the details and saw that I was buying a J fare, when I initially selected Y.

Search this Thread